Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

harbot

742 posts in this topic

EDITED : As per BLUE-K you can now use the new xXx 10.5.5-Disc to install your AA1 without editing some kext, the distr will work most of the hardware drivers except WIFI.

You may search for the xXx Mac Distribution using any torrent site.

Download the xXx-Disc, and apply the PPF1 + PPF2 on it and ins

I have been trying to look for a Full Acer One tutorial on How to Install OSx86, but unfortunately I haven't found one that is full proof.

Installing Mac OS X in non native Mac machine is unique in a sense that each PC ha different ways of installation may be that's the reason why I haven't found a link in the Internet that fits my needs.

I manage to install 10.4.7 – 10.5.1 before using iATKOS but with a different machine now that my Acer Aspire One A150 has arrived its time to test it with Mac OS.

I have collected some procedures which are adopted from different links.

Thanks

to : Paul for the complete guide in installing OS x on MSI wind you can check it from this link.

to : 3rr0rists I forgot the link for some of the suggestions that helps

to : Insanelymac.com for the continuing support for this project and all contributors, testers and users.

to : SbMfr for solving my audio issue link here

to : BurnZcodE - you can see his contribution on this thread for my Touchpad Tap issue ( so dumb of me nyahaha )

to : StickMAC™- you can see his contribution on this thread for the Mic issue

This tutorial will help you Install Mac OS X to Acer Aspire One A150 from version 10.5.2 – 10.5.5

WARNING !!! not for the faint hearted ( children don't try this at home )

I have been doing a lot of trial and error on this just to get my AA1 work in Mac OS, but i guest my sacrifice has paid off, I thinks its safe to follow this tutorial :twisted:

Need fixing are the following :

Touchpad Tap ( I'll try to recover the old 10.4.7 kext i have before since touchpad tap was working for my ECS laptop, I'll just update you once testing was OK )

Wifi Atheros AR500EG ( Still trying to find ways to solve the issue )

Sleep mode ( hmm not sure still looking for solution )

:!: Things you needed for this tutorial :

- A DVD containing Kalyway 10.5.2 install (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')

- The Kalyway 10.5.3 ComboUpdate (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites')

- The Official 10.5.4 DELTA update from here

- The Official 10.5.5 update from here

- Paul's Wind driver and utility pack here

:!: place the above list on a USB stick or CD / DVD

- An external DVD drive

- Acer Aspire BIOS update here

As per Paul's guide :

- A proper licenced copy of Leopard

Now, of course you could install without the above item, but i'm in favour of being fair to Apple. Regardless of the intricacies and enforcability (or otherwise) of the EULA, it's playing fair to buy a licence for Leopard if you plan to use it on a machine. IMHO anyway. It's up to you of course, but it makes me feel better! I look at it as 'Apple won't build me a 10" notebook so I have to do it myself'

How to update Acer Aspire One A150 BIOS

Thanks to : machani for this link here I modified and posted the procedures below.

1. You need a USB flash drive (SanDisk or any Generic brand)

2. Make it bootable to DOS by following these instructions: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/flashing-bios.html

Follow this screenshoot when creating the bootable USB here

(NOTE: The screenshot shows the Drive is /dev/sb1. This screenshot seems to be done from a Linux machine. From XP, the Drive shows up as D:\ or E:\. Verify that that is the correct drive letter for your USB flash drive).

3. After you click OK, unzip the new BIOS files and copy the three files: 3304.bat, fla{censored}.exe and ZG_3304.fd to the flash drive

4. Leave the flash drive in the USB port, reboot, hit F12 at the initial boot prompt.

5. Choose USB drive to boot

6. It should bring you to a DOS screen choose number 5

7. Change to the C: drive by typing: C: followed by ENTER

8. Type: 3304

(You need to have your laptop connected to external power supply or it won't work).

9. When you reboot, hit F2 at the boot prompt and verify that your BIOS version is 3304

but if you {censored} up on the BIOS update do the ff :

Thanks to macles.blogspot.com

:!: Acer Aspire One BIOS Recovery

The AA1 has a built-in BIOS recovery routine, making it possible to flash the BIOS even if the system doesn't boot anymore. It's only meant for emergencies and may void your warranty, so use at your own risk.

Follow every step carefully!

Download the latest BIOS, and put both FLA{censored}.EXE and the BIOS file in the root directory of the stick. Rename the BIOS file to ZG5IA32.FD, that's important. Do not remove the USB stick.

Turn the AA1 off, make sure both battery and AC adapter are connected. Press Fn+Esc, keep it pressed and press the power button to turn the AA1 on. Release Fn+Esc after a few seconds, the power button will be blinking. Press the power button once. The AA1 will now initiate the BIOS flash, do not interrupt it under any circumstances. After a while the power button will stop blinking, and the AA1 will reboot shortly after. Wait patiently.

The BIOS has been flashed and all settings reset to default.

If for some reason you made a mistake during the procedure and it doesn't reboot by itself wait 5 minutes before turning it off, just to be safe that it isn't still flashing the BIOS.

:!: After updating your BIOS, enter BIOS setup and press F9 to 'restore best performance defaults'. This step is VITAL!

Step by Step - installing OSX on your AA1 A150

1. Insert the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk into your external DVD drive, and plug it into your AA1

2. Start your AA1, and press F12 when prompted to choose a boot device, select your DVD drive

3. When prompted to hit a key to boot from CD/DVD, hit a key.... you'll see a ton of text scroll up the screen - just sit tight

4. You'll next be presented with your language select screen. I imagine you want English, so just hit enter! It'll then sit doing 'Preparing Installation' for a while.

5. When you get the 'Welcome' screen, don't hit continue straight away! Move your point to the 'Utilities' menu, and select 'Disk Utility'.

6. When the Disk Utility application has loaded, click your main drive in the left hand pane (probably the very top entryis your HDD manufacturer's name')

7. Click 'Partition' on the right hand pane.

8. Under 'Volume Scheme', click '1 partition'. ( this varies on your desire on how many partition you want )

If you already have a prepared partition you can Goto > Disk Utility > choose selected partion > choose erase > use MAC OS extended Journaled

9. Give your disk a nice name.

10. Click 'Apply'

11. Wait for it to do it's thing, then select 'Quit Disk Utility' from the 'Disk Utility' menu.

12. You'll now be taken back to the installer welcome page. Click 'Continue'.

13. Click 'Agree' when the legalese blurb pops up.

14. Choose a destination drive - obviously the one you just partitioned! Click 'Continue'.

15. Click 'Customize'.

16. Completely uncheck 'Language Translations'.

17. Expand 'Kernels' and select ONLY 'kernel_9.2speedstep'

18. Expand 'Graphics_Drivers', expand 'Intel_GMA' and select ONLY 'GMA950'

19. Completely uncheck 'Audio_Drivers'.

20. Expand 'Networks_Drivers'. and select ONLY 'RTL1000'.

21. Completely uncheck 'Mobo_Chipsets'.

22. Completely uncheck 'Thirds_Applications'. ( I choose some applications which I have used before but if you are a 1st time Mac user need you need uncheck this area )

23. completely uncheck 'Patches'.

24. Click 'Done'

25. Click 'Install' and go and make yourself a cup of tea! ( nice one Paul :lol!: )

26. :!: The install will now take place, if you want to speed it up, you can 'Skip' the installation DVD check.

28. When the 'Install Succeeded' screen appears, eject the install DVD and hit 'Restart'.

29. OS will now start up for the first time, and take you through the setup wizard.

30. When you have booted into OSX for the first time, goto drive name > applications > Utililities > Terminal

Currently we are using 9.2 Speedstep Kernel, since I want to use Vanilla Kernel from the original Mac OS, and for this system vanilla kernel will only support 1 cpu ( still trying to look for solution and make use of 2 cpu's)

Type in the following command in Terminal Mode:

Sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

System will ask you for your password, you may enter your password

look for "Kernel Flags" and put "cpus=1".

Press i to insert item

Eg.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1</string>

Press Esc

Press shift+:wq

31. Insert the disk containing the Kalyway 10.5.3 update in a USB or CD

32. Run '1_Kalyway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg' this wil upgrade the system from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 and step through the installation process. Do NOT hit restart when prompted!

33. After the above install has completed, run '2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg' and step through the installation process. Select the 'vallina_kernel_9.3' kernel.

34. Restart your AA1.

35. When prompted to do so, press F8 to interrupt the Darwin startup.

36. Type 'update -v' (without the quotes obviously), and press enter. Your AA1 may reboot a couple of times during this update process. Don't panic!

You can check the Version details by clicking on the Apple logo on the upper left hand corner> choose about this Mac.

Since we are using Vanilla kernel now we can upgrade using Apple original update.

37. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.4 update.

Before you run the downloaded file, open up Terminal and type "sudo su -" without the quotes. Enter your user password and then type "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" without the quotes.

Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install it

38. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.dmg' to mount the image.

39. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.4.pkg' and step through the installation process.

Before you reboot, exit the Terminal script by holding down Ctrl and pressing C (Ctrl + C). Close Terminal and hit the button on the Update to reboot your computer.

40. When prompted press F8 and use "-v" to boot without quotes ( a lot of text msg comming out dont worry system will boot it self soon )

41. When you have booted back into OSX, insert the disk containing the 10.5.5 update.

Before you run the downloaded file, open up Terminal and type "sudo su -" without the quotes. Enter your user password and then type "while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done" without the quotes.

Keep this window open while you run the downloaded update and install it

42. Double click the 'MacOSXUpd10.5.5.dmg' to mount the image.

43. After the image has mounted, run 'MacOSXUpd10.5.5.pkg' and step through the installation process.

Before you reboot, exit the Terminal script by holding down Ctrl and pressing C (Ctrl + C). Close Terminal and hit the button on the Update to reboot your computer.

System will take a long time to reboot let the system be until it will restart. If in case you run out of patience it will not reboot you have to do hard reboot on the system and use "update –v" Steps 35-36 on boot

Installing Sound Drivers

1. Insert the disk containing the Wind driver and utility pack.

2. Select the 'Sound' directory

3. Double click on AzaliaAudio.pkg and go through the installation wizard and restart.

4. Download ALC268FIX from here http://rapidshare.com/files/126062908/ALC268FIX.zip

5. Run ALC268Installer 1 but Do not restart !

6. BEFORE restarting delete /System/Library/Extensions/ALCInject.kext

Double click on HDD name eg. OSX where your OS is install > Double click System > Library > Extensions > look for ALCInject.kext > right click move to Trash

7. Use Paul's Kext Helper b7 to install HDAEnabler.kext

You can locate the Kext helper by Double click on HDD name eg. OSX where your OS is install > Applications > locate Kext helper B7

Drag and drop the HDAEnabler.kext file, enter the password and press EASE INSTALL

4. Fix Permissions with Disk Utility (launch Disk Utility, select your partition and then click on "Repair Disk Permissions" in the "First Aid" tab). and Restart.

5. Goto System Preferences > Sound > make sure that Internal Speakers is selected in Play alerts and Sound effects through

6. Now sound should work

Fixing the About this MAC

See when you goto the upper left hand corner of your screen click on the Apple logo and choose About this MAC, the processor type would say 1.g unknown to fix the issue.

1. Goto Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack

2. under Utilities

3. Double click on About this Mac.pkg and follow the instructions

4. no need to restart, you can check is changes are made by following the quote above

It should say : Processor Intel Atom CPU N270@1.6Ghz

Installing Video Card Intel GMA 945 with 1024x600 resolution my Fab.

1. run Kext Helper B7 from your Application Folder

2. open Paul's Wind Driver Utility Pack

3. select ONLY AppleIntelGMA950.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, AppleSMBIOS.kext, ClamshellDisplay.kext and Natit.kext

4. drag to Kext Helper B7

5. enter your password and click EASY INSTALL

6. Fix Permissions with Disk Utility (launch Disk Utility, select your partition and then click on "Repair Disk Permissions" in the "First Aid" tab). and Restart.

7. after restart you can now change your LCD resolution from 600x800 to 1024x600

To change resolution goto System Preferences > Display > choose which resolution that best fits your needs

Fixing Internal Microphone ( Thanks to StickMAC™ ) for the kext compilation from iDeneb_v1.3_10.5.5_ISO.

You can find his contribution on the topic below. Thanks man !!!!!

I was out for a while thats why Im not able to submit some suggestions, also thanks to all who contributed brgroup, Blue-K, BlueLineFive and everyone - enjoy your AAO

I have tried solving memory card reader before on my 10.5.1 iAtkos, lets c if i can still recall hehehe i hope this AAO is using TI, will update you all once solution is there

1. Download StickMAC kext compilation file at this link >> http://www.mediafire.com/?vmwyyzdmh3y

2. unzip the file

3. open kext helper and drag and drop AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

4. type in password and click EASY Install

5. to be safe Open Terminal

6. type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" without ""

7. reboot AAO

Fixed :

- Auto Switching from Internal Speaker to headphone

- Internal Microphone receiving excellently

With regards to touchpad tap Thanks to BurnZcodE

Most of the additional steps done by this tutorial is contributed by AAO users and owners Thanks to all

Just go to System Preferences...Keyboard & Mouse...Trackpad...at trackpad gestures, Check clicking...

touchpad tap /double tap and dragging should work by now.

I also found solution on the Mirror Issue you may download the pkg file from this link

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;&do=findComment&comment=913715 Thanks to kamikaze for sharing the file

I have tested the pkg works great.

Some useful Tools for your new AA1 Mac OS X 10.5.5

X86 Tools utilities by : ~pcwiz click this link

Google the ff :

VLC for Mac - Video Player

Adium - Chat/Messenger for MAC works with MSN, Yahoo and many more accounts

MAC the Ripper - rip Video DVD

Onyx - maintenance tools

Pacifist - Extract dmg files

SimplyBurns - Mac CD/DVD burner

StuffIt - its like winzip

MacFuse & NTFS-3g - enables you to read & write on a NTFS file format partition

For Desktop Eyecandy Google for

- desktop manager for MAC

I've successfully done all of this and it works. If you try to suspend it will actually reboot and I haven't yet done the sound fix due to ALC286FIX not being available but otherwise things are working nicely. I do have some comments, though:

- The keymap for non-US keyboards is slightly wrong. In my case (Spanish keyboard), the </> key does not work, its function turns up in the top-left key (in my case, ª/º). The problem here is that this key doesn't turn up anywhere and you use Alt/Option with it to access the backslash. After much hunting and pecking I found the backslash at Alt+Y.

- The "Home" key is Alt/Option and Alt is Cmd. AltGr and the Windows "Menu" key don't seem to do anything

- I am dual-booting Ubuntu using Grub and pc_efi. The Kalyway install didn't destroy my MBR so afterwards I was still able to boot into either OS X or Ubuntu. However, when using pci_efi, when you get to the place where you "hit F8 to stop Darwin start" (step 35, after upgrade to 10.5.3) instead of that you get to the 2nd prompt after Grub, where it says "hit any key to enter boot options" and THERE is where you key in "update -v"

- In the "Fixing About this Mac" section step 3, also select ACPIBattery.kext and RealtekR1000.kext:

- Without RealtekR1000.kext you won't have wired Ethernet available. The interface WILL show up but it will always show as disconnected even when you plug in a cable. en0 shows up as Gigabit-capable, however I tested a large (multi-GB) file transfer with cpio over AFS and the CPU maxes out at about 9 MBps (which is roughly 90 Mbps).

- Without ACPIBattery.kext you won't have any battery monitoring (the menu extension for battery won't work) and the Energy Saver preferences won't show any battery info. The "estimated time remaining" gauge is currently going down faster than real-time but it might be a calibration problem. As soon as I have more info I'll report on actual battery running time as well as whether the time display gets corrected after calibration. (with Ubuntu I get 1:50 with the standard 3-cell battery).

- After a reboot the battery info again disappears. I'm looking into it.

ok, i got through the bios update no problem at all, but i'm hanging on the actual kalyway install. I have an external DVD-Rom and Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_AMD.iso

but when i try to boot from the DVD rom, it goes right on to load windows XP.

how do i get it to load the CD???

ALC268FIX seems to have been taken down from RapidShare. I haven't been able to find it elsewhere. Any ideas? Could somebody please re-upload it elsewhere?

I managed to grab a copy from here:

http://filebeam.com/8e535baf7803d10da127a96da31b654c

Harbot,

Thanks a million for a fantastic guide!!!

Harbot,

Thanks a million for a fantastic guide!!!

What workes and what doesn't any live screenshotes

To Mario C : you can have this link also on the ALCfix i made a copy online

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.php?id=834386&da=y

Also with the RealtekR1000.kext im using the one on the Kalyway DVD not Paul's kext

20. Expand 'Networks_Drivers'. and select ONLY 'RTL1000'.

The ACPIBattery.kext from Paul's kext if I install, the shutdown function will not work on my machine, is the shutdown works on your machine using paul's ACPIbattery.kext?

To : Nick14, i was not able to send screenshot or video

Still trying to find solution on :

Internal speaker to work for the MIC

Touchpad Tap

Sleep = many people also trying to solve this issue hehehe

and WIFI the rest seems ok

ok, i got through the bios update no problem at all, but i'm hanging on the actual kalyway install. I have an external DVD-Rom and Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_AMD.iso

but when i try to boot from the DVD rom, it goes right on to load windows XP.

how do i get it to load the CD???

make sure to press F12 to choose your external DVD drive to boot to Kalyway DVD

All goes well for me until i get to the part where i do the combo update to 10.5.3. After installing both packages. I reboot then press f8 type update -v, it does its thing and just keeps rebooting itself after it gets to the gray screen with the apple. I've let it reboot over and over, i then press f8 again after letting it reboot about 10 times and type update -v again and it boots into osx 10.5.3. If I reboot within 10.5.3 it goes into the endless reboots again until I press f8 again and type update -v.

Im doing this all on an aspire one

I just bought one of these and I intend on taking advantage of this guide. I've already done the osx86 adventure on my Dell 1520 and had great results.

What I'd like to know is how things run on this? Time for Office to open, stability, slight multitasking (internet browsing and office). If its really terrible I wont waste my time.

And is the wireless at all functional?

All goes well for me until i get to the part where i do the combo update to 10.5.3. After installing both packages. I reboot then press f8 type update -v, it does its thing and just keeps rebooting itself after it gets to the gray screen with the apple. I've let it reboot over and over, i then press f8 again after letting it reboot about 10 times and type update -v again and it boots into osx 10.5.3. If I reboot within 10.5.3 it goes into the endless reboots again until I press f8 again and type update -v.

Im doing this all on an aspire one

@plutonium94 > did u follow the steps as stated below

31. Insert the disk containing the Kalyway 10.5.3 update in a USB or CD

32. Run '1_Kalyway_UpdCombo10.5.3.pkg' this wil upgrade the system from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 and step through the installation process. Do NOT hit restart when prompted!

33. After the above install has completed, run '2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg' and step through the installation process. Select the 'vallina_kernel_9.3' kernel.

34. Restart your AA1.

Make sure u do step 33 Kalyway Kernel

or once your at F8 try to use another kernel by typing the kernel name eg. speedstepkernel see if you can boot from this kernel if so check the com.apple.Boot.plist make sure it states

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1</string> Then you can use Vanilla kernel

PS : please be informed that Wireless, Sleep and Mic functions still on going troubleshooting hehehehe

Still no wireless!

This one was driving me crazy!!! Even if I had a "supported" card on my AAO, I got no wireless. And that's why you'll get the loop on welcome screen (your "mac" needs to network enabled to complete the setup). Here's how I managed to bring up my wifi.

Follow the steps explained in section "C - FURTHER TWEAKING" of SbM guide (the link on top of this topic): install the required Paul's kexts, and reboot when required.

Then download these files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/149604083/Wire...working.7z.html

In this archive you'll find 2 kext: IOPCIFamily.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Install the first one and reboot. Install the second one and reboot.

I used disk utility too, to repair permissions after each kext installation, just to stay safe.

Now your dw1390 should be up and running! Time to go in network control panel, and configure it..

If something doesn't still work, please install the kexts once again, this is how I did.

Still no wireless!

This one was driving me crazy!!! Even if I had a "supported" card on my AAO, I got no wireless. And that's why you'll get the loop on welcome screen (your "mac" needs to network enabled to complete the setup). Here's how I managed to bring up my wifi.

Follow the steps explained in section "C - FURTHER TWEAKING" of SbM guide (the link on top of this topic): install the required Paul's kexts, and reboot when required.

Then download these files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/149604083/Wire...working.7z.html

In this archive you'll find 2 kext: IOPCIFamily.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Install the first one and reboot. Install the second one and reboot.

I used disk utility too, to repair permissions after each kext installation, just to stay safe.

Now your dw1390 should be up and running! Time to go in network control panel, and configure it..

If something doesn't still work, please install the kexts once again, this is how I did.

Hello stass;

This is good news I've been trying to look for ways to make my wireless work. I'll try to download the kext later tonight (im at work :D for now )

Ill keep you posted guys once "stass" procedures will help the Wireless Issue

:)

EDIT

Hello stass the kext you provide me doesn't work it will slowdown my system

I need to check with you something under

IOPCIFamily.kext/pbdevelopment.plist it states

PBXProjectSourcePath

/User/chunnan/Desktop/IOPCIFamily-103.1 >> i think this is pointing to your desktop file IOPCIFamily-103.1 thats why my system keeps on looking for this file path

Which is slowing down the processes can u provide me the IOPCIFamily-103.1 file thanks

I'm not sure whats going on here but I have Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Aspire One and for some reason my USB ports will not recognize anything.

I know the ports work fine because I'm able to boot from them. But now I'm stuck since all of the proper updates are on my flash drive and I can't access it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured out that if I put the flash drive in then reboot it will work after the reboot. So my issue is sort of resolved, but still does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

I'm not sure whats going on here but I have Kalyway 10.5.2 on my Aspire One and for some reason my USB ports will not recognize anything.

I know the ports work fine because I'm able to boot from them. But now I'm stuck since all of the proper updates are on my flash drive and I can't access it.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I figured out that if I put the flash drive in then reboot it will work after the reboot. So my issue is sort of resolved, but still does anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Try to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 use the procedures stated on the 1st post here :

- The Kalyway 10.5.3 ComboUpdate (you can find this on the usual 'torrent sites') >> download this file and follow the procedures above starting from Step 31.

Read also the quote above step 31 to get the idea.

Alright, well now the issue I am having is that the laptop just keeps boot looping...

I have it updated up to 10.5.5 and everything, but the only way I can boot into OSX is to run update -v every time I reboot the laptop. If I don't run update -v it will just flash the white screen with the Apple logo for a second and reboot...

Any help? Thanks...

Alright, well now the issue I am having is that the laptop just keeps boot looping...

I have it updated up to 10.5.5 and everything, but the only way I can boot into OSX is to run update -v every time I reboot the laptop. If I don't run update -v it will just flash the white screen with the Apple logo for a second and reboot...

Any help? Thanks...

Yoo ahfunaki what kernel are you using ?

PS : did u run '2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg' and step through the installation process. Select the 'vallina_kernel_9.3' kernel. ????

As stated on the above post if You are using Vanilla Kernel make sure to edit the com.apple.Boot.plist to

CPU=1 else it will keep on booting

if you want you can try to :

1. when system reboot press f8

2. type "vanillakernel" without ""

if the system reboot, press F8 again and use update -v once login do

1. Applications > Utilities > Terminal

2. on Terminal type "sudo vi /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist" without the "" again

check if the

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>cpus=1</strings>

3. once done save the file by pressing ESC then ":wq" without ""

reboot

If all else failed

1. press F8 on reboot ( try using another kernel )

2. type "speedstepkernel" without ""

see if this kernel can login to system if so, on Terminal do

1. type "cd /" without ""

2. type "sudo cp -Rp speedstepkernel mach_kernel" without ""

3. restart system ( this time ur not using Vanilla but SpeedStepKernel )

awesome! thank you so much for the help.

the issue was that when I first edited the com.apple.Boot.plist it didn't save the "cpus=1" change...

followed those steps and it's working fine!

EDIT: Is there anyway to get it to see the battery? It only shows an icon with an X through it over here...

awesome! thank you so much for the help.

the issue was that when I first edited the com.apple.Boot.plist it didn't save the "cpus=1" change...

followed those steps and it's working fine!

EDIT: Is there anyway to get it to see the battery? It only shows an icon with an X through it over here...

Are you using Paul's kext for the battery meter? ACPIBattery.kext ?

Coz mine dont have this since Paul's ACPIBattery.kext will kill my shutdown features so i never installed the battery kext

Are you using Paul's kext for the battery meter? ACPIBattery.kext ?

Coz mine dont have this since Paul's ACPIBattery.kext will kill my shutdown features so i never installed the battery kext

Actually you're right, is there a way to uninstall a kext? Since now when I try to shut down I get a warning?

EDIT: Figured it out.

Things seem to be working well now...

Hello, I have just recently purchased an Acer Aspire One A110, and I want to install OS X on it, I'm not completely green when it comes to hackingtoshes, but it's been a while since.

I'm alright with everything apart from the wireless card, I've read it is possible to "rebrand" the wifi card so it works with the vanilla leopard kernel, but all the reports are methods for the various different types of cards available and none of them are specific enough for me to confidently try it.

Has anyone with more of a clue managed to do this for the AAO? The card in mine is indentified under Windows as an Atheros 5007EG.

Is it just a lot easier to switch out the wireless card? and if so, is there one that people specifically recommend for the AAO?

I've read so many posts at this point I'm just completely confused!

Cheers