10.5.4 installed on HP D530 SFF

jamesinorbit

28 posts in this topic

Hi All, After my crash course on hackintosh..I've managed to successfully install jas 10.4.8, iATKOSv1.0ir2 (needed dvd to boot)

And last night got jas 10.5.4 working with the stagexnu kernal..

Little question..on first boot after installation in loads as far as the light grey screen with working/active cursor that i can move around.

The way I solved it was to reboot..hit f8 and booted with rd=rdisk0s1..

It now booted into 10.5.4 fine and has booted straight from the hdd ever since without the need to enter rd=rdisk0s1..

So can someone explain to me what rd=rdisk0s1 did? Im pleased it worked and fixed it but I can't work out how it solved the prob..

If anyone is interested the settings for jas 10.5.4 for a hp d530

are

Stagexnu

Intel ich (device)

Smircon driver

Works nice!!

thanks again..

O I see.....So im kinda guessing if it works fine now then thats it problem solved...I shutdown, restarted etc all seems to be fine..booting straight in now so..kinda cool that ive managed to get 10.5.4 running on this..Bit slow compared to my mac pro at work though -_- ha

No worries on the install options on jas..it only took me 5 hours and 5 installs to figure it out!! I forgot to add id also install the broadcom driver and the audio ac97 driver..I didnt cous i was kinda half asleep at four this morning when i got it to work...I might have a six go.

Hi James(?),

I've tried leo4allv3 on my HP D530 with no luck - get the constant reboot loop when the bootloader tries to load the kernel extensions... Was driving me batty!

So you reckon the jas 10.5.4 distro is the way to go?

Did you do a clean install on your D530 or did you upgrade from 10.4.8?

I'm a newbie and thjis is my first attempt at OSx86!

Cheers,

Mike.

Hi All, After my crash course on hackintosh..I've managed to successfully install jas 10.4.8, iATKOSv1.0ir2 (needed dvd to boot)

And last night got jas 10.5.4 working with the stagexnu kernal..

Little question..on first boot after installation in loads as far as the light grey screen with working/active cursor that i can move around.

The way I solved it was to reboot..hit f8 and booted with rd=rdisk0s1..

It now booted into 10.5.4 fine and has booted straight from the hdd ever since without the need to enter rd=rdisk0s1..

So can someone explain to me what rd=rdisk0s1 did? Im pleased it worked and fixed it but I can't work out how it solved the prob..

If anyone is interested the settings for jas 10.5.4 for a hp d530

are

Stagexnu

Intel ich (device)

Smircon driver

Works nice!!

thanks again..

hi, ya i think jas 10.5.4 is the way to go, you must install it with my settings or it won't work...i haven't tried leo4all so can't really help ya with that distro. From my experience with osx86 it is critical to know your system inside out and trial and error alot of the time. I was about ten mins from giving up then it worked!!

If i was you first thing id do is check then double check your install settings/bootloader for leo4all and see if ya can get some life out of it, before downloading another 4.5gb...cheers J

if leo4all installed fine then when it tries to boot in just keeps rebooting this probably means either..installed with the wrong kernal/chipset setting..I get this issue with one of the kernals on the jas distro...stagexnu is the best one for a d530 as it fully supports sse3 emulation for improved stability in leopard...hoped id helped have a good weekend

Hi James,

Well, I d/l JaS 10.5.4 and it all installed like a dream - not a single warning error message...

But once I reboot (after the install) Darwin seems to crash (annoyingly!) at pretty much the same place as it did when trying to install leo4all 10.5.4...

Since the install went fine (unlike leo4all, which as I said never got past teh first few lines when the DVD booted!) I'm guessing that I need to change/set some of the boot options... The same as yours?

But I'm completely at a loss of how to do this.

Where do I need to go to set the correct boot options for my HP D530?

<edit> Oh dear, do I need to set certain options as part of the install process? I didn't do this as it seemed to install fine without any issues, it's just that now (once it's installed) it fails to boot - resets all the time... So do I need to reinstall Jas 10.5.4?

Thanks for you time, it's really appreciated!

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike..

You must select the correct settings under the customize options in the installer...if you just click install it wont work as it will install components that aren't compatible with this computer..

YOU MUST...

Select STAGEXNU kernal

ICH x and JMICRON

If you dont then it wont work..I know Ive tried it..this is all the help i can give you im afraid...good luck!

Hi there,

Got it! I set the options as you said and it works...!

Thanks for the help!

I did manage to bugger it up by installing the PS2Fix patch, but I'll just do a new install and use a USB Mouse/KB from now on...

Oh, and these settings also work for a Compaq Evo 510...

Cheers,

Mike.

Mike..

You must select the correct settings under the customize options in the installer...if you just click install it wont work as it will install components that aren't compatible with this computer..

YOU MUST...

Select STAGEXNU kernal

ICH x and JMICRON

If you dont then it wont work..I know Ive tried it..this is all the help i can give you im afraid...good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, this totally helped after 4 weeks of trying. 10.5.4 is working fine (but for some reason Disk Utility is not working...I installed Onyx and it seems to work in it's place)

I'm still trying to get my network card to work. I've tried adding kext files as detailed in other posts, but to no avail. Do you guys have any suggestions? How did you get your network up?

Also, I have an IDE 500 Gig HD with 250 Gigs of files on it (formatted to fat 32). Is there any way to get my hackintosh to see it? (I installed OSX on the original 20 Gig). It was part of a home server and I formatted it with freenas. I read on another site that I need to partition it so that the partitions are less than 128 Gigs, but I don't want to lose my files (burning them on to DVD's would be a huge hassle).

I'm running:

HP D530 hackintosh

P4

512 Memory

20 Gig IDE hard drive

Added 500 Gig IDE Slave

(sorry, no other specs as I am not at home right now)

As you can tell, I'm a very green newbie. Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much! it made my D530 CMT tower work great! I used the ideneb 10.5.5, I have no sound but it works though... any idea on which sound you chose? I chose AC97 and the ADI 988x but the D530 has a ADI soundmax, sometimes it just worked on a default install of the older 10.5 and 10.5.1 but since 10.5.4 nothing. any ideas????

UPDATE!!!

Figured sound out! the sound is not avail because I had the internal front panel disconnected, it kept giving me a USB overcurrent notification so I unplugged it, this also disabled the sound, so Nevermind , its working !!! time machine too!!! wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

what about the internal built in Intel Video, every time I try to load a kext it screws the machine up and I need to use a time machine boot to restore it.

I had to go through a bunch of {censored} to get that to work too, the default ethernet did not work, so EN0 was without a mac address, well time machine needs EN0 to work, so I swapped en0/EN1 by editing the preferences.plist and walah

the install went well though , now If I can just get the onboard video working besides a 1024x768@60hz without adding an aftermarket card that would be sweet, I do have another one at home that has a XFX Nvidia 7600GT and that works great, but this internal card sucks, or does it even work at all besides base video?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys need help installed Tiger everything works, I have iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5,now what are the steps to install , please reply , I cant to have Leopard...Thanks Guys anyone.http://forum.insanelymac.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have the Ethernet driver? (MoC) has it but I can0t send him a PM, his inbox is full, aparently.

Thank you in advance

my ethernet driver worked on the 10.5.6 install of Ideneb, however its mac address is all 0's but it works! I selected the broadcom 57xx one

I am currently attempting to do a retail install, I have real macs so I have a legit dvd of 10.5.6 i am trying the boot123 as i dont want to buy a efix module, has anyone managed to get the HPD530 to have a retail install, it just boots to the apple logo and craps out.

here are the options i chose for ideneb 10.5.6

Options used:

- Kernel Voodoo

- Chipset: JMicron & ICHx

- Sound: AD 1981 & AC’97

- Network: ethernet AppleBCM5751Ethernet

- Fixes: Seatbelt & EHCI USB Sleep Enabler

native graphics working with an edit, so I added to the com.apple.Boot.plist in order to get the native monitor resolution

< key >Graphics Mode < / key >

< string >1280×1024x32@60< / string >

all works well, sound video Everything. (no QE but it works good enough)

update: installed Nvidia 7600GT AGP8x 256m and chose NVKush and works great, full support

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I understand this is an old thread. Posters or readers who are still following this, kindly chime in.

I'm in the process of installing either Jas or Ideneb, in which I have both.

My problem is, I can't seemed to click on the option button during install. I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Hello again,

Never mind the option button during install.

Here's my build and it works great, only thing missing is my Ethernet card in which I'll sort out later.

iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6

Voodoo Kernel

ICHx Chipset

AC97 Sound Card

Boardcom - not working (AppleBCM5751Ethernet may work, will update)

Seatbelt Fix

Cheers

Rob

Hello all,

I understand this is an old thread. Posters or readers who are still following this, kindly chime in.

I'm in the process of installing either Jas or Ideneb, in which I have both.

My problem is, I can't seemed to click on the option button during install. I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

My previous install (with Boardcom Ethernet) goes like this- at the end of the install it stated install failed but once reboot it was good.

Second install went without a glitch with 5751 as Ethernet and the end screen says perfect install.

Once I reboot for the first time, panic screen show up with errors on the Ethernet.

Again, once rebooted, the machine works like a charm. Some tweak here and there with the network setting got the machine work as it should.

Thanks for the great thread, very informational indeed.

Rob

Hello again,

Never mind the option button during install.

Here's my build and it works great, only thing missing is my Ethernet card in which I'll sort out later.

iDeneb_v1.4_10.5.6

Voodoo Kernel

ICHx Chipset

AC97 Sound Card

Boardcom - not working (AppleBCM5751Ethernet may work, will update)

Seatbelt Fix

Cheers

Rob

Hi guys,

I was hoping for a little help with my D530.

I have installed JaS 10.5.4 which works for a while then starts to get kernel panic ever increasingly then wont boot.

I have just tried iDeneb V1.4 10.5.6 which kernel panics at the start of the install process.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to try?

Thanks in advance!

Rich.

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP D530 and it seems to be working fine. But graphics seems to provide me with an error each boot if i do not boot with -x -v). I have ordered a new Nvidia 5200 and will try tomorrow when it arrives. I have not tried network or audio, but will do so later today.

Has anyone got this machine to be 100% working (100% for me is no kernel error, and drivers for audio, network) on Leopard regardless of version or release?

Hi, sorry to cut in!

Can i ask what settings you used? I am eager to get this installed and working as my D530 is my audio computer and would love to run Logic again!

Thanks and sorry again!

Rich.

Hi everyone!

I have been trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP D530 and it seems to be working fine. But graphics seems to provide me with an error each boot if i do not boot with -x -v). I have ordered a new Nvidia 5200 and will try tomorrow when it arrives. I have not tried network or audio, but will do so later today.

Has anyone got this machine to be 100% working (100% for me is no kernel error, and drivers for audio, network) on Leopard regardless of version or release?

Hi, sorry to cut in!

Can i ask what settings you used? I am eager to get this installed and working as my D530 is my audio computer and would love to run Logic again!

Thanks and sorry again!

Rich.

If you are asking me, I have not yet tested the audio, but will try to do so during this weekend. I have now inserted the Nvidia 5200 and my plan is to get Aperture working so audio is not a priority for me.