[Guide] Boot from EFI partition, zero modification installs on Intel SSE2 or better...

• Please log in to reply
1405 replies to this topic

andeify

andeify

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I too use this method with the chameleon bootloader. Its nice to know what your doing incase it gets messed up with an update.

MiniBUU

MiniBUU

Inspiron 1525 User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Can anyone confirm if this method will work on a 1tb internal Hdd? I used boot123 to install Snow Leopard (retail), installed chameleon bootloader v3 and all I get is boot0: gpt, boot0: testing, boot0: failed. I looked at many guides, tried different partition patterns but always the same result. I know it's my 1tb Hdd because I ran the same install on a 160gb Hdd an it worked. I'm running out of ideas and this is my last attempt so any feedback would be appreciated.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,121 posts
Before doing anything else, you should try a more recent version of the Chameleon boot loader.

Several people have reported issues with Chameleon and +1TB hard drives.

I haven't paid much attention because I haven't had this problem myself (I don't have any drives larger than 500GB), so all I can say is visit the VoodooProjects forum and look around in the bug reports and general forums for a solution.

But again, try Chameleon 2.0 RC5 first, this might have been taken care of by now. V3 is very very old.

sniper9911

sniper9911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I am very exhausted of redoing the hole thing everytime I fail to boot. its very frustrating to make a guid partition boot with your way munky or the chameleon way
I have a modern laptop with 1tb hdd sata ii and core i5-2450m and 6gigs of ddr3 1333
I don't see chameleon at boot and I don't see the freakin boot loader ever
I even tried to install on a 80 gb guid hdd and failed to boot
when I fail to boot that means I reboot to my windows installation why why why why why !!!!!!!!!
god knows I have been trying since last week to make mac os x boot by itself but I failed
do you have a solution for my problem

sniper9911

sniper9911

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
I am so sorry for the inconvenince I made today but I lost my temper and I lost hope also
the one thing that matterred was that I needed to boot os x on my uefi bios with chameleon but I was wrong
chameleon can't boot from uefi ,it boots from bios !!
I was completly blinded so forgive me if you can
I am going to try clover efi boot loader

beta992

beta992

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Problem with this method: When installing Windows 7/Windows 8/Linux in UEFI-mode, it's needs to have a FAT32 EFI-partition to install the Windows Bootmanager to it.

I had hopes this would support a FAT-partition. Is there a (FAT-)module available for the Chameleon bootloader to get this working without any problems for the Windows Bootmanager?

It doesn't matter than if the bootloader supports UEFI. When selecting the EFI-partition as boot, OS X will load.
When selecting the UEFI-boot entry Windows 7/8 will load.

Still it would be better to make an UEFI Chameleon bootloader.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy