[Guide] Boot from EFI partition, zero modification installs on Intel SSE2 or better...

munky

1,404 posts in this topic

I am very exhausted of redoing the hole thing everytime I fail to boot. its very frustrating to make a guid partition boot with your way munky or the chameleon way

I have a modern laptop with 1tb hdd sata ii and core i5-2450m and 6gigs of ddr3 1333

I don't see chameleon at boot and I don't see the freakin boot loader ever

I even tried to install on a 80 gb guid hdd and failed to boot

when I fail to boot that means I reboot to my windows installation why why why why why !!!!!!!!!

god knows I have been trying since last week to make mac os x boot by itself but I failed

do you have a solution for my problem

I am so sorry for the inconvenince I made today but I lost my temper and I lost hope also

the one thing that matterred was that I needed to boot os x on my uefi bios with chameleon but I was wrong

chameleon can't boot from uefi ,it boots from bios !!

I was completly blinded so forgive me if you can

I am going to try clover efi boot loader

• 4 weeks later...

Problem with this method: When installing Windows 7/Windows 8/Linux in UEFI-mode, it's needs to have a FAT32 EFI-partition to install the Windows Bootmanager to it.

I had hopes this would support a FAT-partition. Is there a (FAT-)module available for the Chameleon bootloader to get this working without any problems for the Windows Bootmanager?

It doesn't matter than if the bootloader supports UEFI. When selecting the EFI-partition as boot, OS X will load.

When selecting the UEFI-boot entry Windows 7/8 will load.

Still it would be better to make an UEFI Chameleon bootloader.

• 3 years later...