GeForce 8400GS 256MB XFX Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Horizon135

14 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Edit /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

Change the IOProbeScore to 0.

touch /System/Library/Extensions, wait 20 seconds and then reboot.

Hi

Sorry for the ignorance but

where do you goto edit it? I've all the internet on how to" but I have not come up with any answer

I also have GS8400 and I have similar situation. Well almost identical.

ps: I am using iPc 10.5.6 Universal version.

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
You can also try adding EFI Strings for your particular card. I t works perfectly and no problem on Updates.

i tried that, but no workie here ;)

also tried this and didn't work

:(

• 3 weeks later...

You do not need a kext to make the 8400GS work. I do not know if this works on Leo, but at least on Snow Leo all you need is Chameleon RC3 and nothing more. If you enable the "GraphicsEnabler" the card should be detected automatically. That's what I use with no need of additional kexts. You can give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

You wrote this brilliant note over one year ago, but this was so helpful for me to solve the problem of "Quartz Extreme: Not Supported/Core Image: Software." As long as this problem continued, I was unable to watch DVD even on the VLC. Now everything is OK. Thank you so much!

Tetsuo

My system:

GA-EG41MF-S2H/Core2Duo 2.7 GHz/9800GT 512MB PCI-Express

Just wanted to share how I got it to work fully:

The method Dense posted did not work for me. In fact, after I changed the kext and ran touch the graphic settings were disabled and the kext stopped working. I had to restore the original NVInject.kext.

To get it to work, I first uninstalled NVInject.kext (deleted it), downloaded NVEnabler 0.1 (just google it, the first result), moved to the extensions folder and did the whole permissions and touch thing. Restarted and now I have it working fully with Quartz Extreme, OpenGL and everything! Now I have translucent menu bar and support for every applications ;)

Just wanted to share how I got it to work fully:

The method Dense posted did not work for me. In fact, after I changed the kext and ran touch the graphic settings were disabled and the kext stopped working. I had to restore the original NVInject.kext.

To get it to work, I first uninstalled NVInject.kext (deleted it), downloaded NVEnabler 0.1 (just google it, the first result), moved to the extensions folder and did the whole permissions and touch thing. Restarted and now I have it working fully with Quartz Extreme, OpenGL and everything! Now I have translucent menu bar and support for every applications :o

After getting NVInject.kext from http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...520NVInject.zip, I used command-line on the "Terminal".

#sudo su

#[password]

#cd /System/Library/Extensions/

#cp -R /NVInject.kext [i downloaded here] ./

And I did just as Dense suggested:

"Change the IOProbeScore to 0"

#sudo su

#vi /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I rewrited "<integer>6000<integer> --> <integer></integer>"

#touch /System/Library/Extensions ["wait 20 seconds and then reboot" <--This is extemely important.]

After getting NVInject.kext from http://redirectingat.com/?id=292X457&u...520NVInject.zip, I used command-line on the "Terminal".

#sudo su

#[password]

#cd /System/Library/Extensions/

#cp -R /NVInject.kext [i downloaded here] ./

And I did just as Dense suggested:

"Change the IOProbeScore to 0"

#sudo su

#vi /System/Library/Extensions/NVinject.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I rewrited "<integer>6000<integer> --> <integer></integer>"

#touch /System/Library/Extensions ["wait 20 seconds and then reboot" <--This is extemely important.]

hi all....

I recently installed iPC MAC OS X 10.5.6 on my DG31PR intel motherboard.After install i used the delta update from apple

to upgrade to 10.5.7

everything works fine(i guess) except the graphics.Sound had a problem after upgrade to 10.5.7..but i used the patch and it went well..

The problem is i Cant c any videos...I used quicktime and VLC..i can hear the sound but no video..i guess my nvidia 8600gt is not installed properly.

When i check the display info it shows:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0402

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display Connector:

DELL SE198WFP:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

any ideas to solve this to support videos...

thanks in advnce