Gav Mack

Gav Mack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Found a working 2011 patchcode here:

http://www.ocztechno...11-now-possible

Worked on my 17 inch late 2011 perfectly.  Also for the inexperienced pretty good instructions I'd say.

It's on the forum now where it belongs :D

Attached Files

Gav Mack

Gav Mack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
As a footnote to my MBP 2011 AHCI mod, I did a bit of testing with the RST driver.

Using the newest bootcamp 5.1 software Intel RST drivers 11.2 and below the windows bootcamp control panel is still broken with the usual startup disk error, however if your chipset supports 11.7 and above hey presto the windows control panel works.

I know that means the panel is still broken for Mac Pro 3,1 users as 10.1.0.1008 is the newest driver supported, though can't confirm which is the newest on the 4/5,1 towers, until I get my 5,1 my clients for all are on the 1008 driver which doesn't suffer from the 3tb formatting bug and don't think would appreciate me asking to test on cheesegraters doing constant work.

The RST driver sets are here:

http://www.win-raid.....QL-v-WHQL.html

Update via Device manager, update driver, choose the path of the extracted driver. If supported it will update. The driver only is fine, the driver plus RST app requires .net, is slow to start and a waste of resources on startup. You'll need a 2nd restart after it loads the new driver for your boot drive.

davidcape

davidcape

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Hi, i'm Italian, sorry for my english.

I have a 27" iMac 10,1 late 2009. I have installed a samsung 840 evo 250 GB instead superdrive.

I have 1TB mac original 7200 rpm hard drive and the sad instead superdrive. I have 2 partitions in SSD one with mavericks and the other with windows 8.1. 

Can i enable AHCI mode? What is the correct procedure? Exist a program? Thanks 

Edited by fantomas1, 08 June 2014 - 02:00 PM.

rokurou

rokurou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

i added a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD to my Mac Mini mid 2011 and Windows 8.1 Pro.

Got it working with the original patchedcode.bin and the following steps:

Process I used:
1. Checked the registry that
    HKLM/System/Current Control Set/Services/storahci -> Start = 0
    HKLM/System/Current Control Set/Services/iaStorV -> Start = 0

Also in both keys /StartOverride -> 0 = 0

3. Reboot into the OS X setup disk, open the Terminal utility
4. unmount all volumes on my SSD

"diskutil umount /dev/disk0"

5. Backed up old MBR

"dd if=/dev/disk0 of=backup.bin bs=512 count=1"
5. Overwrite the MBR with

"dd if=patchedcode.bin of=/dev/disk0 bs=440 count=1"

Also i did not have to install any SATA drivers.

Just wanted to share this because the first post mentioned that it would not work with the aluminium minis.

EDIT: Using the Intel RST driver nearly doubled the IOPS.

EDIT: Sleep doesn't work, second drive (HDD for me) works.

Frank W.

Frank W.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

To all of you in that forum:

I like to say thank you!!

I have a Mac Pro 3.1 (early 2008) with a Samsung SSD 840 EVO in two boot partitions: one for OS Mountain Lion, one for Windows 7 Pro.

Your AHCI enabler worked perfectly and Win 7 bootcamp is running better and faster than before!

THX!

Frank

djluis48

djluis48

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello! I need a little help here. I have a Macbook Pro 5,1 mid 2009, with the nVidia MCP79 chipset and i would like to enable the AHCI support on it, but im not really sure the steps i should follow in order to get it enabled. Can some help me making a step by step instructions on how to do it? I would really appreciate it.

I have read a lot of stuff and most of this thread, but im kind of confused. Saw the info on the first post about making it work on MCP79 chipset, but im not really sure what to do with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy