Does anyone have the 8.9.1 kernel for SSE2 -Need for update

Klumper

22 posts in this topic

I did a lengthy search for you, but i came up with no download links.

It really annoys me that there isnt a single repository for all ther kernels, ktexts, and patches.

I have had much trouble locating things in the past.

I wish someone would setup a community filestore for everyone to drop things and pick things up.

A simple FTP account even.

This things fall off the face of the earth so quickly. Its extremely frustrating.

Thanks mykl

So... If im trying to update to 10.4.11 I should still use this kernel right?

Sure, I'm running 10.4.11 with security update 5/2008 with this kernel without any issues.

This kernel was bild on 1th April and as far as I know, it's the best build for SSE2 CPUs.

In case You care about power management more, You should stay at 8.8.1 because

8.9.1. has no PM support. There is also possible run 10.4.11 with 8.8.1 kernel as well.

mykl:

Isn't there a 8.11.x non-efi sse2 kernel in that install discs? could you also upload it? (and also system.kext) ;)

UPDATE: Yup, there is 8.11.x but SSE3 only.

8.11.1 nonefi is for SSE2, but very buggy. Best way is to take the 8.11.1 efi Kernel and System.kext + Chameleon EFI.

8.11.1 nonefi is for SSE2, but very buggy. Best way is to take the 8.11.1 efi Kernel and System.kext + Chameleon EFI.

We were talking about XxX 10.4.11 install DVD.

You are right, there are some 8.11.1 builds for SSE2 but I was not able to boot it without "-legacy" mode on my Northwood

and seems not very stable to me.

But that's a good point, Chameleon supports SSE2 now as well, but You still need patched kernel for it...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Oh my god! I am too late....The link is expired. Can anybody do me a favor to upload the kernel again please because I am planning to update my Mac 10.4.8 to 10.4.11... Really appriciate!!

I manage to find it after a long search or you can have all kernels if you download osx xxx10.4.11 install disk

or download it from here

http://www.easy-share.com/1903368523/SSE2.zip

• 8 months later...