MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso installed!

nordaaa

127 posts in this topic

this iso is damaged for amd cpu's, dont even try, if you have intel with sse3 you shud grab this coz myzar iso forces your cpu to use sse2 only even if you have sse3 enabled cpu, this can be proven by running maxxuss_sse from terminal, run the diagnostics and the test.

:withstupid:

Hello to all :whistle:

Tried this iso on an HP zd8000 notebook.

Intel 640 3.2, ATI X600 128, Intel 915 chipset ... Installed on a partition, install went totally fine but I can't boot.

I get the famous "Still waiting for root device" error.

I am searching the forum 4 days now, tried almost everything (except the master/slave solutions that can't be done coz I have notebook).... nothing worked for me.

I have read that many people have managed to get OSX to work on this laptop so my only hope is that something is wrong with this iso.

I am trying to download myzar's iso now but the speeds are tragic.

Any help to my problem is much appreciated!

PS: Sorry for my english!

this iso is damaged for amd cpu's, dont even try, if you have intel with sse3 you shud grab this coz myzar iso forces your cpu to use sse2 only even if you have sse3 enabled cpu, this can be proven by running maxxuss_sse from terminal, run the diagnostics and the test.

:graduated:

Strange, I show no difference when running the tests on my machine1 (SSE3 cpu), but my machine2 is 8 times slower because it is an SSE2 cpu.

SUCCESS!!!

After much F'ing about I discovered my drive had two "Names" (or partitions) on it and messing up the boot partition, so deleted the one I didnt need, reformatted, reinstalled 10.4.5 from this very ISO and its all going smooth as silk.

pee4 630

Intel 915GUX

250GB SATA

Onboard video and sound.

USB keyboard and mouse.

Couldnt have been nicer!

you are a funny guy... have i ever said, that this iso is better??? i just said it works for me, so stfu and use your brain...

you are even funnier than me! Of course the reason I was asking is that if this .iso was better, I would download it and store it for future installations. I didn't think I would even need to explain something so obvious. Come on, and with a little effort you'll understand. :)

As you see, many people think to be smart just because they know how to spell "brain" ;)

(got it?)

Strange, I show no difference when running the tests on my machine1 (SSE3 cpu), but my machine2 is 8 times slower because it is an SSE2 cpu.

of course you see no difference because for the 100th time sse2 isn't emulated if the cpu has sse3

I suggest to apply Maxxuss' SSE2 patch to "mach_kernel" on your machine 2. This should solve your problem.

I suggest to apply Maxxuss' SSE2 patch to "mach_kernel" on your machine 2. This should solve your problem.

If it wasn't already applied, I wouldn't be able to run OSX on it.

The point was that on machine 2 the SSE3 emulation patch traps the invalid SSE3 instructions and emulates them in SSE2.

Machine 1 shows no trapping of instructions and executes the SSE3 instructions natively.

If it wasn't already applied, I wouldn't be able to run OSX on it.

The point was that on machine 2 the SSE3 emulation patch traps the invalid SSE3 instructions and emulates them in SSE2.

Machine 1 shows no trapping of instructions and executes the SSE3 instructions natively.

Can't you apply the SSE2 patch to the ORIGINAL mach_kernel?

Does this image include the v1.0a patch from Maxxuss or just the v1.0? I want to apply Security Update 2006-002 v1.1 but Maxxuss's site says it needs to be based on a patched v1.0a 10.4.5 install.

Is there anything else I need to know??? Can I just install this image, backup loginwindow, update through the OS, and restore the loginwindow before rebooting and be good? I got the info on backing up the loginwindow file from this post: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=11918

Hey Nordaa - I have an ASUS P5LD2 - deluxe - very similar to your VM - same chipset - no onboard video. I was able to get 10.4.1 up and running with no trouble - but I can't get 10.4.3/4/5 to install - I keep getting hit with

Can't copy /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/netInfo/..../ds.bundle.....

I've tweaked the BIOS as much as a human can, but I can't seem to get past this sucker. Any ideas? What settings did you use for 10.4.4/5 (native) I have the MyZar image and I get the same #^@!*$^%!! error.....

speak o' great one....

UPDATE: I was reading elsewhere and OMGWTF had the perfect suggestion that fixed my problem - I needed to switch DVD Drives. I was using a no-name drive (DL - DVD+/-RW) - I dropped in an older Pioneer A05 - and the install went through without any problems. I am running 10.4.5 now - and just noticed networking is active with the on-board Yukon 10/100/1000

you are even funnier than me! Of course the reason I was asking is that if this .iso was better, I would download it and store it for future installations. I didn't think I would even need to explain something so obvious. Come on, and with a little effort you'll understand. :angel:

As you see, many people think to be smart just because they know how to spell "brain" :censored2:

(got it?)

well, you see, if someone has similar pc hardware like mine, and don't know which iso to download, i am trying to help by saying this one works.

of course you see no difference because for the 100th time sse2 isn't emulated if the cpu has sse3

Thanks myzar, I've been trying to say this in subtle ways, sigh, guess subtle doesn't work.

So for anyone that did not understand my replies.

Installed the myzar dvd, with default kernel, and SSE3 does not show in profile.

1) My SSE3 cpu executes SSE3 instructions, and does not trap to the SSE3 emulator.

2) I have exactly the same setup on a SSE2 laptop, where the SSE3 instructions get trapped, and are emulated.

So, my subtle way of saying that I see no difference, should have said: I have an SSE3 cpu and the SSE3 instructions are not trapped to the emulator, and there is no performance degredation with using the default kernel on the myzar dvd, on my #1 machine which has an SSE3 cpu.

Hope that is clearer

copy over maxxuss_sse and do the diagnostic and benchmark it will also tell u sse3 is 100% emualted, unless its diff with amd and intel cpus with myzar.

i get less point sin x bench, system, is still fast and responsive but not as quite as my sse 10.4.3.

the bench tells you the exact opposite unless your 3700+ is a winchester and you are pretending is a venice, but since looks like it can't be helped with dense people use and think whatever you want. I dunno why i am wasting time replying at all , I wish maxxuss never coded the cpuid patch for worthless northwood cores and the sse2 emulator for vintage cpus.

I have a san diego core, when i run the diagnostic it tells me sse3 is 100% emulated, jas took me through some steps also which confirmed sse3 is being emualted.

I hope you are right tho and I am wrong , coz id rather not have to reisntall my osx boxes to get sse3 enabled on my amd. Its just that all tests point to sse3 being emulated. Its not a personal attack on you or your image. :whistle:

I have a san diego core, when i run the diagnostic it tells me sse3 is 100% emulated, jas took me through some steps also which confirmed sse3 is being emualted.

I hope you are right tho and I am wrong , coz id rather not have to reisntall my osx boxes to get sse3 enabled on my amd. Its just that all tests point to sse3 being emulated. Its not a personal attack on you or your image. :whistle:

no don't worry nothing personal but i'm only tired to write the same thing every time , anyway check your pm there's a link to the kernel without the cpuid patch/sse2/rtc/nx . It's an easy to install pkg. Try it and tell me if you find any difference in speed, I bet my nuts you'll not see any

Hola, tengo la vercion original del DVD OSX 10.4.5.

Esta vercion funciona para parcharla he instalarla en un x86 ?

Babe Translation

I habe the original DVD OSX 10.4.5 (the my IMAC)

this DVD Works whit Patch the maxxus for x86???

thxx