• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

EddieR

EddieR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Just got my Mac Book Pro today, really nice, but I wonder why it gets so hot under the book, when I also own a Sony Vaio with Dual Core laptop and it doesn't even heat up which impressed me when I first ran it for several hours, The Mac Book however got very hot within minutes of turning it on ???

EddieR

EddieR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Just got my Mac Book Pro today, really nice, but I wonder why it gets so hot under the book, when I also own a Sony Vaio with Dual Core laptop and it doesn't even heat up which impressed me when I first ran it for several hours, The Mac Book however got very hot within minutes of turning it on ???

This is from the MacBook Pro Manual:

Using Your MacBook Pro
When you’re using your MacBook Pro or charging the battery, it is normal for the
bottom of the case to get warm. For prolonged use, place your MacBook Pro on a flat,
stable surface.
Do not leave the bottom of your MacBook Pro in contact with your lap or any surface
of your body for extended periods. Prolonged contact with your body could cause
discomfort and potentially a burn.
The bottom of the MacBook Pro case functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat
from inside the computer to the cooler air outside. The bottom of the case is raised
slightly to allow airflow that keeps the unit within normal operating temperatures.
In addition, warm air is vented from the slots in the back of the case.

I can't understand why I have a sony vaio laptop running with dual core and to my amasement it remains quite cool, but this macbook pro, well it gets pretty hot, i bet I can iron my shirts with it...

blackentangled

blackentangled

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

i bet I can iron my shirts with it...

LOL, how thick is the sony vaio?

lane

lane

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
The powerbook is the same way... Apple designs hardware in the powerbooks to use the case as heatsink

EddieR

EddieR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
There's a reason why these books are also known as laptop's, but if you put this one on your lap, be ready to go to the nearest burn unit, I mean this thing gets hot enough to turn over and fry a couple of eggs with bacon for your morning commute, Apple gets a straight F on this part of the design and should find a way to remedy this situation. To say the bottom gets WARM and could cause a BURN ??, go fig.....

blackentangled

blackentangled

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
maybe it's intended only for airconditioned rooms, lol :D

alc0h0lic

alc0h0lic

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Comment for male MBP-users: Keeping hot laptops often on your lap, is bad for ur sperm.

Ouch

Ouch

Weee, what a predicament!

• Retired
  • 1,190 posts
It's fine as long as you wear thick trousers.

EddieR

EddieR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
This comes from apples forum where a user also complains about the heat issue under the MacBook Pro, obviously there is an issue here with this heat.....

Hari TSR

MacBookPro Hissing sound & toomuch of heat@bottom side
Posted: Mar 18, 2006 9:30 AM Reply Email

Hi,

I recently purchased a MacBookPro laptop(2GHz). I find a hissing sound on the top left side. Also, the laptop is generates much heat on the backside of the laptop(Center-Top) after 30minutes of usage. Anybody getting the same problem? Any solutions?

Thanks,
Hari

MacBook Pro

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
I wonder if this is an actual problem with the hardware or if it's just a warm running notebook.

Ouch

Ouch

Weee, what a predicament!

• Retired
  • 1,190 posts
The problem is its hard to call without knowing the exact temp - i mean my macbook does get very hot - but then i know what kind of heat the cpu is going to be generating and understand that the aluminium case is the primary disepater. If your only experience is say a g3 ibook which were fairly cool then it could understandably cause alarm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy