[Guide + Control Center] Leopard 10.5.4 - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L/DS3R/DS3P/DS4

~pcwiz

85 posts in this topic

ummd/doradekell

If I understand you correctly, I ran into the same problem after I updated to 10.5.3. I was able to boot back into OSX by typing "update -v" at the boot loader command prompt. I was then able to finish the install as per the rest of ~pcwiz's guide with no problems.

spol

I was able to get toast to work by enabling Quartz GL using ~pcwiz's OSX86Tools and adding an EFI string with EFIStudio for my specific graphics card(8400gs). I read somewhere that it was most likely a graphics card conflict.

I haven't figured out the slow boots yet and need some help. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

mungee.

Brilliant guide. Thanks very much. :)

I wonder if anyone has any suggestions for my problem tho...

I got all the way to the last step where I booted into 10.5.4, installed the drivers, booted again and installed the fixes, booted again and...

dreaded white screen with the spinner thing ;)

Booting with -v -x only gets as far as the University of California copyright notice followed by

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 10485 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

and then nothing -_-

I guess its time to install again onto a USB drive...

I flashed the bios (to make sure it was F5), installed the 10.5.4 update from a separate working install, same problem (though I may not have waited long enough). Tried safe mode -x, and it worked. Tried booting again and it worked....

Cheers all around.

Now the video card.... 8800 GTS likely won't be easy...

ASA666

Does the progress wheel spin for about 10 sec and then stop? If yes, wait about 2 min and the system will finally boot. There are several others, as well as myself, who are having this problem.

mungee.

ASA666

Does the progress wheel spin for about 10 sec and then stop? If yes, wait about 2 min and the system will finally boot. There are several others, as well as myself, who are having this problem.

mungee.

Hi Mungee,

Nope, the progress wheel sits there happily spinning forever.

Cheers,

ASA

ummd/doradekell

If I understand you correctly, I ran into the same problem after I updated to 10.5.3. I was able to boot back into OSX by typing "update -v" at the boot loader command prompt. I was then able to finish the install as per the rest of ~pcwiz's guide with no problems.

mungee.

Thanks for the tip mungee. I remember reading the update -v boot command somewhere and just forgot it. That did the trick!!

Dora

ASA666

mungee.

Add me to that list. Is it being followed up in another thread? Seems it's hanging on trying to load the login screen.

I've done this guide like 4 times I get a hang up at the same spot (my entire system worked until I tried to install Java and I was only on 10.5.3) So I got a new hard drive and Im starting over from scratch before I believe I used Leo4All

I am on a GA-P35-DS3L Mobo, Quad Core Processor and a XFX 8800GT video card, I didn't install any drivers yet because I was planning on using that automatic installer once all done.

I do the 'Updating to 10.5.3' part, Reboot and I get the same error others get with the "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver has no kernel dependency" , I tried booting with -v -x and it still hangs... I left my system running over night and right now its been sitting at this part for hour 4.

I took a picture and attached it if that helps anyone.

post-182168-1219984399_thumb.jpg

post-182168-1219984444_thumb.jpg

Add me to that list. Is it being followed up in another thread? Seems it's hanging on trying to load the login screen.

I managed to resurrect mine by:

1) installing JAS 10.5.4 onto a USB drive

2) copying across the kernel

3) removing /System/Library/Extensions

4) copying across /System/Library/Extensions

5) removing /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

6) rebooting with -v -f

(NB: / as in the old, now mounted in /Volumes tree... not / of the USB drive)

It seemed a bit slow to boot but seems to be working ok now...

PS: Mine is a P35-DS3P, E6600, 2G PC6400 RAM, GeForce 8800GT

I've done this guide like 4 times I get a hang up at the same spot (my entire system worked until I tried to install Java and I was only on 10.5.3) So I got a new hard drive and Im starting over from scratch before I believe I used Leo4All

I am on a GA-P35-DS3L Mobo, Quad Core Processor and a XFX 8800GT video card, I didn't install any drivers yet because I was planning on using that automatic installer once all done.

I do the 'Updating to 10.5.3' part, Reboot and I get the same error others get with the "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver has no kernel dependency" , I tried booting with -v -x and it still hangs... I left my system running over night and right now its been sitting at this part for hour 4.

I took a picture and attached it if that helps anyone.

DrDigital if see above in the thread this had been resolved by mungee to boot using update -v at the Darwin bootloader. It will run and then reboot your PC and should boot you to the desktop. ummd and myself had the same issue and this was the fix.

Dora

Was thinking of trying this method but a bit worried now. Hmm..

peebo do not be worried this method is solid and works with the hardware specified. Just need to make sure you read the guide thoroughly and check the forums if you do get stuck.

Dora

Actually it did work, It just took an hour to get past the same hang up, now from shut down to to my user account takes about 15 seconds to boot, I am on 10.5.4 Now to get my 8800GT to fully work (higher resolutions)

Actually it did work, It just took an hour to get past the same hang up, now from shut down to to my user account takes about 15 seconds to boot, I am on 10.5.4 Now to get my 8800GT to fully work (higher resolutions)

Woo hoo! I guess patience is a virtue!! Gratz! You can try EFI Studio to set your boot.plist for your 8800. It worked like a champ for me from my7600GT or NVKush.

Dora

Please help. I did everything from the How To (from Mediafire)

When i updated to 2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg my system is not booting up properly - it has hanged up on apple forever.

What can I do please help? (before update it worked but with lower resolution of my video card)

Or maybe you know any better tutorial or other newer distro that will work here. Isn't there a way to use a standard DVD from Leopard?

First of all please tell me what can I do because I am not able to boot my system now. I tried with -x and it stops on Firewire (OHCI) Ti ID 8024 PCI now active

-------

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS4

Processor: Intel Q9450 Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz

Video: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT 512MB

Memory: G.Skill 8GB (4 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR2 800

Please help. I did everything from the How To (from Mediafire)

When i updated to 2_kalyway_10.5.3_kernel.pkg my system is not booting up properly - it has hanged up on apple forever.

What can I do please help? (before update it worked but with lower resolution of my video card)

Or maybe you know any better tutorial or other newer distro that will work here. Isn't there a way to use a standard DVD from Leopard?

First of all please tell me what can I do because I am not able to boot my system now. I tried with -x and it stops on Firewire (OHCI) Ti ID 8024 PCI now active

When you get to the Darwin bootloader screen hit any key and then type update -v. The may take a while but should reboot your PC to the desktop. If it doesn't then start the PC up again and at hte bootloader hit any key and type -v for verbose mode and post back where it stops.

Dora

Has anyone else managed to get the OS to recognize Gigabit ethernet? My system profiler lists:

Ethernet:

MAC Address: the number

Media Options: Full Duplex

Media Subtype: 100baseTX

Same thing in the network utility.

I tried the RTG 2.0 fix that pcwiz mentions on the computer specs page, but to no avail. Is it recognizing for you pcwiz? I've also noticed that my xbox 360 cannot connect to the hackintosh via connect360, though I am only ~90% positive it's an OSX86 issue.

Hi PCWiz,

Just a bit of feedback.

In the guide you wrote:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before starting anything, make sure that all your SATA devices, if any,

are plugged into the yellow ICH9 ports and not the purple GSATA ports. The GSATA ports

can be used, but nothing connected to them will boot with OSx86 (you can just use them

for extra hard drives for storage).

I have an HD cradle connected by ESATA to the purple ports (primarily for external back up) but I am able to boot up from this drive no problem.

Thanks again for all the great stuff.

Roger

Hey,

Yeah I forgot to mention "update -v" so please try typing that at the F8 boot prompt if you are having trouble booting after installing the 10.5.3 combo updater. rogerabc, yeah I suppose it works for some, but not for others, so generally its recommended that you go with the yellow ports and if you run out, then use the purple ones.

The Realtek R1000 driver from Psystar fixed all my networking issues with shares, bonjour, xbox 360 etc... You may have to setup a static IP to your router, regaining the connection after sleep with DHCP is reported sketchy.

Used the old guide (Mac OS X86 10.5.2 with EFI v8) to get my hack up and running a few months back, and just used this version to update to Chameleon and go from 10.5.2 -> 10.5.4. Everything went smooth, save Aperture 2.1.1 now not running. After the update to 10.5.4 Aperture refuses to run, saying my graphics card doesnt meet the specs. I reinstalled nvinject with the latest .kext file, also tried repairing permissions, but no success. System Profile shows my card correctly, and all other apps seem fine. Any ideas?

*edit*

Found out that you can change the values in the Aperture/Contents/Resources/minsys.plist file for the memory and OS check, but still nothing for the video card.

**edit**

Other apps are proving to be a little sluggish, such as video playback in iTunes. So the issue goes back to the card and not the app(s). Still interested in feedback =)

***edit***

Problem resolved! Issue fixed by using NVinstaller v.52.

Respect to ~pcwiz! Finally I upgraded to 10.5.4 :( But I had the same problem after 10.5.3 update. Using update -v helped.

UPDATE:

Had the same problem as rfuilrez had with a long booting time after update. It used to take up to 2 minutes.

I used Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD + KalywayComboUpdate10.5.2 with LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0 and everything else that was advised in ~pcwiz's tutorial. Now everything works good.

PCWiz

I got a few questions for you that I feel a bit akward,

First ( I have GA-EP35C-DS3R) I cannot get the microphone working with the driver from your control app. :(

I noticed taht you have appleHDA888.kext there (eventhough it gives option to install ALC889A which is in my case the right codec)

2nd After installing all the patches and driver with your App do I need to repair the permissions with disk util?

Why I was feeling akward from the installers, it cuz of the 9800GTX installer you released a while ago, that unlocked the resolution change, but the rest wasnt working (Software acceleration only, and no Q support):(

Managed to fix that with Aqua-mAc tutorial.

P.S Last but not least if you compare the tutorial to Weaksauce12 do you guys you the same kexts? ( for the fixes or not?)TOPIC HERE!

Just want to make a stable build of leo