Security Update 2006-002

effortless

56 posts in this topic

Add me to the list of working installs.

I ran the update through Software Update. After it installed and rebooted I booted into single user mode and ran Maxxuss' decrypted script for Security Update 1 again. Rebooted and everything worked just fine.

I then repaired permissions for good measures and had to change the build information for Saft, but other than that everything is working fine. Let's hope the rest of Apple's updates are this easy.

on my setup after install of patch disk utility doesnt work. i replaced login window and it is working just not that one thing
Did you also apply the AMD Enabler cpuid-patches?

I think I screwed myself. I thought the Maxxuss patch directory would already be in the root. I rebooted in single user mode, wasn't there and now I can't get into the gui so I can extract it. I downloaded on a windows computer and burned to a cd. Is there a way I can mount the CD and copy to the root from the command line single user mode? TIA

run amd enabler from last security patch not the one for 10.4.5 itself

Antman, you mean from the 1.0? (10.4.4) I try that too but didnt work. So I try the 1.0a because I have AMD 3200, that when I broke the disk utility... everything works including unzip but just not the disk util. any other sugestion? I will try the 1.0 again tomorrow and see what happen.

thanks

there is another patch just for the security patch 2006-001. it has an amd enabler on it and also loginwindow in decrypted files. this will correct your problem I tried that AMD Enabler before with first patch before the security patch was patched and had same result as you.

I haven't even finish the installation of the 2006-002 update, it just freeze there....

If you can't boot up your system because something was corrupted during the update process, replace

the mach-kernel from your corrupt system with the mach-kernel from the myzar 10.4.4/5 DVD.

See if this gets your system going again.

kaos

I think he is referring to the update name(2006-002), also that he received a data error while trying to install two times.

Sounds like something else became corrupt after the initial install of the security update.

If his system is running again, I would still try maxxuss' "Patch Solution v1.0a for Security Update".

Skip steps 11 through 17 in the instructions if you have a intel cpu.

kaos

I installed teh 10.4.4 with 10.4.5 patch Myzar, then installed the 2006-002 patch. It freezed and hanged at ending part, so I power down and reboot. OS now hangs haflway in darwin.

I format and redo again.... same issue...

until the 3rd time, I made it thur...

whats going on is its messing up your loginwindow file.

you need to make a backup of the working one (you should probably re-install for this) make the update, DO NOT REBOOT YET, replace the old loginwindow where it will ask you to authorize (insert the admin password) and then you can restart and be fine.

the exact location of loginwindow I do not recall, but its on this forum. this is where I learned how to do it.