DFI LanParty P45 mATX board.

146 posts in this topic

Try a different DVD Drive?

Maybe hook it up USB, I don't know. Mine comes in on Monday, I'll post where I end up.

Install DVD works and it installs fine, thats not the issue.

The problem is I cant get my old install to even start booting ;\

Your old install from another system? Would you even be able to move HDs like that without changing some kexts and what not?

Also, its supposed to use the ALC885. Does that kext not work?

But I'm glad that you're at least up and running.

The sound stutters HORRIBLE when I get it to even initialize. I am using HDA Enabler... I did a proper codec dump in Ubuntu, patching it causes the audio to not work at all. I tried 3 other dumps with no luck. This was all done with HDA PAtcher 1.20. Unpatched the audio works *with the wrong output jack* but stutters, even over USB audio and with CPUS=1. This is a major problem I cant seem to over come ;\

Well with Stell's help I got much further, but was still stuck after updating to 10.5.5

After 4 hours of playing I am now running 10.5.5 with sound, graphics, networking well...

You are all best using the Boot 132 method on this board for a number of things. This board looks once a good guide is written, like it will make an AMAZING hack. This is one powerful little board.

Now to work on things like sleep, and front panal mic! So much work so little time.

Now I got sleep!

So audio, video, sleep, shutdown, reboot, networking, achi All appear happy and working! I think we have a winner everyone!

Now to get the boot 132 on the EFI partition and some cleanup work done, we will be GOLDEN!

So now the GA-945-GCMX-S2 is no long the mAtx board of choice. We have a new champion. It is Lanparty Jr P45 TSR2!!!

Hey everyone. Let me try to explain whats up since there is a bit of confusion.

This applies to any DFI or mobo with ALC885 audio.

Audio works, thats cool and all BUT there are some issues. The only issue will be waking your system from S3 sleep. Sleep functionality works fine, but when it wakes the audio will not. However, S1 sleep will work just fine.

I'd like to point out the best possible solution for ANY hackintosh and that's usb audio devices. With the current state of HDA and even further developments it's not future proof. You can always count on usb audio to work in almost any situation. I know, I know people want the onboard audio to work. I would too. In the end it's just not as reliable. Also most of the time usb audio devices have better sound quality than onboard anyways.

So to get back to the DFI boards. Disable onboard audio in bios. Plug in usb audio device. Done.

-Stell

OK , I've installed the motherboard last night.

Graphics NVIDIA 8600 GTS 256mb OK with EFI Strings.

Sound OK with StickPin method http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129058

AHCI Sata OK with CycloneFR method http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129279

Network OK oob

Only Problems :

sleep (when wake from sleep monitor stays black and the Power LED keeps blinking)

In System Profiler Hardware Tab Says "There was an error while gathering this information" tried SMSBiosEnabler with no luck

Finally i was wondering if HPET activation in BIOS could make AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement work.

Sound OK with StickPin method http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129058

AHCI Sata OK with CycloneFR method http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129279

Network OK oob

Only Problems :

sleep (when wake from sleep monitor stays black and the Power LED keeps blinking)

In System Profiler Hardware Tab Says "There was an error while gathering this information" tried SMSBiosEnabler with no luck

Finally i was wondering if HPET activation in BIOS could make AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement work.

ApplineIntelCPUPowerManagment will NEVER work with non apple equipment. HPET though should be on 64 bit mode. As for sleep, I will grab my bios setting and post them... right now I have S3 sleep working, except the audio glitch. I will work on S1 and if that work great, I will post both sets of steps. Give me a few days though as my weekend is going to be VERY VERY busy. I am sorry in Advanced.

Use Smbiosresolver.

Turn I think it's VGA wake off I think it's called to have the monitor turn back on. It's like the second option in Power Management section of bios.

-Stell

Network OK oob

Only Problems :

As for sleep i still can make it happen :)

I will wait for Hyper X to post his BIOS Settings.

BUT i found something interesting ,so here goes :

In the Hardware overview in System Profiler i was getting the usual error .

So i tried to do something about it using SMbiosEnabler.

In the plist file of the SMbiosEnabler you have the Option to alter the BOOT Rom Version by editing the BIOS Version in a format of XXXX.88Z.XXXX.XXX.0712261124 where X is the part of the BIOS version you can alter.

IF the format is other than that then you have the error in the profiler.

So what i did was to use a tool found in Hiren's Boot CD, called Award DMI Configuration Utility. (It's for Award BIOS ,dont know if works for others)

With that you can alter the DMI info of your mobo.

So mine in Bios Version had a value of : 6.00 PG . By changing this to XXXX.88Z.XXXX.XXX.0712261124 and replacing the X with anything you want you are OK.

Another interesting thing is that the CPU Speed in the profiler was also wrong and that because AppleSMBIOS reads it from a field in the mobo's DMI called Max CPU Speed and not from CPU Speed so by editing Max CPU Speed to the correct value i also manage to have correct CPU speed in the profiler.

So by using Award DMI Configuration Utility you can stop using kexts like SMBIOSEnabler etc.

In the mobo's DMI there is also a field about UUID which already has a value.

But if i dont use the EFI Ethernet Fix String i keep getting the usual UUID error.

I did some serious experimenting this weekend, and got a few things figured out. The issues I have are as followed.

1) Audio will not work, unless I use Boot 132 and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129058

2) S3 sleep WILL work and Wakes from sleep, but once awake audio dies and makes the computer sluggish. Disabling audio makes sleep work perfect.

3) Hot Swapping / Hot plugging is not working right. It works partially. I NEED THIS FEATURE! Right now I am sorta screwed.

Other then that, all other problems have been solved and I think you will able to boot using 132 or chameleon. Hopefully I will be able to reach Stell today and get some more work done on this. Possible Solutions to the audio MAY require some custom bios work, which is well beyond my skill level.

So Stell if you get this, PM with a time you will be on, or with some idea how to get audio to work in Chameleon or any other issues I am having. We are so close I can taste it.

Just got it. Having a little trouble with my NT06-Lite Heatsink. Hyper, which one did you end up using?

-Gabe

I am using the stock cooler as I dont have the money for the NT06-Lite right now!

Still having hot swap and sound issues ;\

BTW when you installed the heat sink did the fan go on the top moving air down.. or on the bottom moving air up?

I am using the stock cooler as I dont have the money for the NT06-Lite right now!

Still having hot swap and sound issues ;\

BTW when you installed the heat sink did the fan go on the top moving air down.. or on the bottom moving air up?

I'm on an sg02 case, so there's no room to install the fan. Its keeping my E6600 at around 28 degrees though. I ended up having to install it without the backplate (I just put some cardboard washers under the screws). It was a pain, but it seems to be holding up.

Just tried iDeneb's 10.5.5 for the hell of it before I played around with boot-132.

Ethernet does not work oob (did not have any additional kexts checked), working on it.

Won't wake from sleep.

-Gabe

Ethernet does work oob. Sleep works.

Ethernet does work oob. Sleep works.

I can confirm about the Ethernet that works oob BUT as for sleep i still can't manage to make it work,and by that i don't mean just loosing the sound.I cant even make it wake from sleep.

Lets hope Hyper X posts his BIOS settings... ;)

I can confirm about the Ethernet that works oob BUT as for sleep i still can't manage to make it work,and by that i don't mean just loosing the sound.I cant even make it wake from sleep.

Lets hope Hyper X posts his BIOS settings... :(

Trying to think how to post them, still having hot swap issues so the setup is not perfect yet. I can try to take screen shots if that would work?

Just tried iDeneb's 10.5.5 for the hell of it before I played around with boot-132.

Ethernet does not work oob (did not have any additional kexts checked), working on it.

Won't wake from sleep.

-Gabe

did ideneb go on alright??

ie everything working, minus sleep