DFI LanParty P45 mATX board.

146 posts in this topic

Wow, that board looks sweet. P45, 4 RAM slots and 3 PCIe slots on a mATX board? Sign me up.

If it's Hack compatible and reasonably priced, I'd get one in a heartbeat.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have one of these running right now... ;-)

q6600 2.4 @ 2.90 currently

4gb RAM

Radeon 2600xt ( as it seems to just work as thats what apple use in iMac's :-) )

2 x 1TB Seagate's

Can't get my IDE DVD drive recognised as it must be a different j-micron. installed fine tho as an IDE and not AHCI for the Jmicron controller. Going to get a SATA DVD and stick it in soon.

I used the iAtkos 10.5.4 installation DVD and it worked flawlessly after i set the onboard SATA to AHCI and for some reason (at least with the two 1tb Seagates i have connected to it) had to use GUID disks. Not much hardship tho.

Audio kinda works at the minute with the Taruga HDA enabler - only works when i select inbuilt speakers, but it works fine enough for me with some little logitech desk speakers.

If you got it working, how about adding it to the HCL wiki?

You know, that thing people used to update before everyone just got collectively bored with it. Apparently, it's much more productive having to just guess, and suffer 10,000,000 "will this work!??!" threads. Oh yes, and to {censored} about the wiki not being useful.

(By the way, not a rant directed at anyone in particular, just a rant in general!)

I'd like to help out others with this motherboard. If you have this motherboard and want to get it running 100%, send me a PM.

Thanks,

-Stell

I am on the cusp of buying it. The question is how does ethernet work, as well as audio. Does ACHI work including swapping *can I eject disk*. I also need front panel Mic and Headphones, this is REALLY key. Do these things work?

Thank you in advanced for the help ;)

I am on the cusp of buying it. The question is how does ethernet work, as well as audio. Does ACHI work including swapping *can I eject disk*. I also need front panel Mic and Headphones, this is REALLY key. Do these things work?

Thank you in advanced for the help :)

I don't have this mobo, but I own a DFI P35 ATX mobo with very similar specs. Ethernet works oob including bonjour and afp. The audio chipset in the DFI boards is ALC885. This is the exact same chipset found in Mac Pros. So it works 100%. Also I have about every setting turned on, that the motherboard supports and it all works. I have Ahci mode running and Jmicron for the heck of it. These boards are also very solidly made.

Here's a little video of my system profiler on my DFI Lanparty DK....

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/4133/SysProfiler_Boot132.mov

I'm using Boot-132 to install and maintain for updates.

-Stell

P.S. - The optical drive does allow to be ejected with Apple Keyboard or on the actual optical drive button.

I don't have this mobo, but I own a DFI P35 ATX mobo with very similar specs. Ethernet works oob including bonjour and afp. The audio chipset in the DFI boards is ALC885. This is the exact same chipset found in Mac Pros. So it works 100%. Also I have about every setting turned on, that the motherboard supports and it all works. I have Ahci mode running and Jmicron for the heck of it. These boards are also very solidly made.

Here's a little video of my system profiler on my DFI Lanparty DK....

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/4133/SysProfiler_Boot132.mov

I'm using Boot-132 to install and maintain for updates.

-Stell

P.S. - The optical drive does allow to be ejected with Apple Keyboard or on the actual optical drive button.

On your mobo does front panal Mic and Headphones work? Does Optical output? These are important :)

On your mobo does front panal Mic and Headphones work? Does Optical output? These are important :wacko:

Not sure about front panel stuff. I have my DFI in a Apple G5 case. Optical output does work.

I still suggest using a usb audio solution as you'll get better quality sound and more/powered input/output.

-Stell

• 2 weeks later...

I just physically received the board. Unfortunately the stock heat sink doesn't fit. I will buy a new heat sink ASAP and will post with results.