Cider 1430

xandiztxu

75 posts in this topic

Cider Release (1430, taken from Spore Demo) The Spore game and usuless files have been removed.

I think this version already have support for pixel shaders 3.0 (Level 2.1) so I'm almost sure you will get to run Oblivion and others games here.

Have fun.

Download link : http://www.sendspace.com/file/qajrki

I will retest some of my tries here and post results in this topic. I don't have oblivion so its impossible right now to me to test.

But if you have it, try now.

Edit your Cider_1430.app/Contents/Resources/Prefrences/config, and set SHMWineserver to "N" and set winver to win2k

Add -d:software in your Cider_1430.app/Contents/Info.plist ex: c:\simcity\simcity.exe -d:software

Hope it works! If the -d:software doesnt work trying set software render on the options of the game;

Hello,

I had invested a large amount of time attempting to get Oblivion working with Cider version 1133 (see this post on these forums: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99686 for more information). Long story short I was able to get Oblivion working, with some graphical glitches, and no trees.

I was really exited when I saw that you released an App for the newest version of cider. I modified the Info.plist file to launch "C:\Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.exe", and set the preference store name to "Oblivion". I copied all of the game resoruces into the App bundle at the appropriate location. I also and double-checked the cider config file. Everything seemed good.

Unfortunately, I was unable to get the game to even load using the newest cider version. It seems to crash on the introductory movie (which I try and disable using the Oblivion.ini file - see below).

It seems that the preference location has changed (it used to be <HD>/Library/Preferences/<Game Name> Preferences/ and now its <HOME>/Library/Preferences/<Game Name> Preferences/). This directory is created when you first try and run the game. I personally like the fact that Cider is now storing preferences in your home directory as opposed to the <HD>/Library directory, but it seems to be causing problems.

I place my Oblivion.ini file into <HOME>/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/p_drive/User/My Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion.ini, although the game does not seem to recognize it. I also tried <HOME>/Library/Preferences/Oblivion Preferences/p_drive/All Uses/Documents/My Games/Oblivion/Oblivion.ini as well - no dice...

I think that this is the key to solving the problem, as the INI file disables the introductory movies that have always caused the game to crash. Its just getting the game to recognize the INI file.

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated. Once I get this working I plan to release a torrent of the full game.

Thanks,

rstrube

I would suggest making it insider cider application. since p_drive can be inside the cider application, or the idea I have is to replace the first part of configs on cider that sets drivers

get from the 1113 this lines and replace for that on on Cider 1430

Hope it works.

Or post the 1113 config and I will edit it for you to see if we are lucky!

[drive c]
"path" = "@BUNDLEPATHRESOURCE@/transgaming/c_drive"
"type" = "hd"
"label" = "Dos Drive"
"filesystem" = "win95"

[drive d]
"path" = "${HOME}"
"type" = "hd"
"label" = "My Home"
"filesystem" = "win95"

[drive e]
"path" = "/tmp"
"type" = "hd"
"label" = "tmp"
"filesystem" = "win95"

[drive f]
"path" = "@BUNDLEPATHRESOURCE@/transgaming/f_drive"
"type" = "cdrom"
"label" = "cdrom"
"filesystem" = "win95"

[drive g]
"path" = "/"
"type" = "hd"
"label" = "root"
"filesystem" = "win95"

[drive p]
"path" = "@USERPREFS@/p_drive"
"type" = "hd"
"label" = "Dos Drive 2"
"filesystem" = "win95"

@xanditzxu

can you teach me on how to start using this?

i would like to try it with fifa07..

i copied fifa07 installation into the c drive and edit the info plist..after that it gives me an error of unhandled exception..hoho

I think FIFA07 isn't supported on cedega, and the cedega wiki is offline, so can't help now.

Got to know that Fifa 07 isn't listed on cedega wiki, so can't help you to say its supported or not.

The only FIFA that is there is 04 and is repported as working without needing to patch or editing.

Edit your Cider_1430.app/Contents/Resources/Prefrences/config, and set SHMWineserver to "N" and set winver to win2k

Add -d:software in your Cider_1430.app/Contents/Info.plist ex: c:\simcity\simcity.exe -d:software

Hope it works! If the -d:software doesnt work trying set software render on the options of the game;

I've always had problems running SimCity 4 in software mode with Cider; all it gives me is a blank screen, but the cursor shows up and the music plays. I can work around this by using hardware mode, but launching from the OpenGL Profiler, and using the Apple Software Renderer. However, some buildings that are under construction flicker off and back on sometimes, especially when scrolling. If you have any other solutions, please tell me (or maybe I'll just go back to the GameTap Cider).

Hey great news!

I was able to get Oblivion using this new version of cider. I actually combined the new cider executable with a previous App bundle that was posted before. The other piece of the puzzle is the the new version of cider actually uses your OS X "Documents" folder. So the oblivion.ini file has to be placed in <OSX HOME>/Documents/My Games/Oblivion.ini.

Everything looks fantastic! It looks like this version has finally fixed the graphical anomalies that required people to dumb down the graphics. The frame rate is excellent as well (around 30 fps @ 1024 x 768).

The only problem I'm having deals with the mouse, for some reason when attempting to turn my character any mouse movements I make seem to be pushed back. For example if I try and turn left, my character turns left for a split second, and then right again (essentially leaving me where I started). This causes the senstation that your character is jittery, and its very difficult to actually turn, you have to move the mouse very quickly - so the compensation isn't as much). Keyboard control works fine, as well as the mouse buttons. I've tried fooling around with the sensitivity in-game and the I confirmed that the "absolute mouse sensitivity" setting in the Cider config file is set = "1".

Anyone else encoutered this problem with the mouse in other games? Is there a known solution?

I'd love to finish up this App bundle and create a torrent file for it, but until the mouse problem is solved you can't really play in an enjoyable fashion.

I think FIFA07 isn't supported on cedega, and the cedega wiki is offline, so can't help now.

Got to know that Fifa 07 isn't listed on cedega wiki, so can't help you to say its supported or not.

The only FIFA that is there is 04 and is repported as working without needing to patch or editing.

ohh...but i play this game on cedega 6.0 on ubuntu without problem..xandiztxu.can you just tell me step by step on how to wrap a game with cider. i mean what configuration file other than info.plist should be changed..

Hey great news!

I was able to get Oblivion using this new version of cider. I actually combined the new cider executable with a previous App bundle that was posted before. The other piece of the puzzle is the the new version of cider actually uses your OS X "Documents" folder. So the oblivion.ini file has to be placed in <OSX HOME>/Documents/My Games/Oblivion.ini.

Everything looks fantastic! It looks like this version has finally fixed the graphical anomalies that required people to dumb down the graphics. The frame rate is excellent as well (around 30 fps @ 1024 x 768).

The only problem I'm having deals with the mouse, for some reason when attempting to turn my character any mouse movements I make seem to be pushed back. For example if I try and turn left, my character turns left for a split second, and then right again (essentially leaving me where I started). This causes the senstation that your character is jittery, and its very difficult to actually turn, you have to move the mouse very quickly - so the compensation isn't as much). Keyboard control works fine, as well as the mouse buttons. I've tried fooling around with the sensitivity in-game and the I confirmed that the "absolute mouse sensitivity" setting in the Cider config file is set = "1".

Anyone else encoutered this problem with the mouse in other games? Is there a known solution?

I'd love to finish up this App bundle and create a torrent file for it, but until the mouse problem is solved you can't really play in an enjoyable fashion.

hey i'm trying to run oblivion too i have i can only get the video part running :lol: then it crashes before it gets to the loading screen comes up.

Edit:never mind i got he game working just with the 1430 one the game needed the latest version of directx9 and the rest of the directx runtime. so it goes in-game and everything but the screen will be blank because of HDR and Bloom on at the same time. so i took off hdr and its fine now i have oblivion running uner 1440x900 giving nice frames.

edit: oh yeah um i do too have the mouse problem

Tried changing the mousesensivity on config? It can be a workaround, I don't have how to help on oblivion because I don't have the game, until you release it! ^^

Well, soon we probably get more games on Cider and more advantages!

And please post screenshots of oblivion running!

i tried in game that no change it no fix, i tried to see if its the resolution no fix either. i will post images of Oblivion running also. i'll try to find a fix probably number 2 will work or 6 hmm let me try it

I'm personally more interesting in knowing how Sonicjam and Rstrube managed to get Oblivion running using the new build.

I got the Oblivion.ini in the right directory but it still crashes on desktop.

"I actually combined the new cider executable with a previous App bundle that was posted before."

"i got he game working just with the 1430 one the game needed the latest version of directx9 and the rest of the directx runtime"

Care to elaborate on what you guys did? Because it's pretty vague.

Grats on making it run, by the way. The mouse is something that will need some looking into.

OK guys,

I'm going to dinner with a friend, when I get back I'll post instructions on exactly what I did to get this far. This will include all of the configuration files, etc. and how I created the App bundle.

I will also post screen shots of the application running.

In the meantime, could someone tell me a good way to share my App bundle (sans the actual oblivion game files)?

Hopefully we'll get it working soon.

Rstrube

I think I may of been having z-buffer issues with SimCity 4. Is there any way to fix this in the Cider config, or some other way?

EDIT: I think this is an issue with the Apple Software Renderer, but with the Native graphics driver, I get black boxes around all the 3D models in the game (but I get no building flickers when I scroll). If anyone knows anything about this, please help me.

ok here is my instruction for just running Oblivion on 1430.

1. Download the newest version of Cider: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qajrki (note: thanks xandiztxu for the upload and link)

2. Download this Direct Xs files: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LJRUJIKM

3. Once you downloaded the files extract both of them. now go in to the spore content folder.

4. Ok the files in the folder that has direct X files you want to copy them into /contents/resources/transgaming/c_drive/windows/system32/

then the game should run ok.

[optional]

here is a no cd files you can use this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8ZP3SHL when you download this iso mount it and copy all the files in the iso into /contents/resources/transgaming/f_drive/

OK guys,

I'm going to dinner with a friend, when I get back I'll post instructions on exactly what I did to get this far. This will include all of the configuration files, etc. and how I created the App bundle.

I will also post screen shots of the application running.

In the meantime, could someone tell me a good way to share my App bundle (sans the actual oblivion game files)?

Hopefully we'll get it working soon.

Rstrube

When u get 100% full working, at least almost playable, make a torrent for it and post on demonoid or piratebay =)

sorry for again double post thing, while i was downloading the gta mouse fix. i was reading the comments someone there said put "MouseWarping" = "0" in the config under [slddrv] well it fixes the problem but there a degree lock so you can't do a full turn but you can if you change the "absolutemousesensitivity" = "1" to "absolutemousesensitivity" = "5" it can do full 360 turns but you'll eventually get to a degree lock.

MouseWarping and AbsoluteMouseSensitibity doesn't seem to be affecting my game at all.

The strobe effect was due to playing in window mode (fixed, now that I am in fullscreen). Keep it up Sonicjam, I'll continue to look into it tomorrow.