199/299 iPhone great but

15 posts in this topic

I pay an average of 51 bucks a month for AT&T now. If I bought an iPhone then my bill with be 86 bucks a month. Where as when the first iPhone came out AT&T only charged 59.95 for the plan which had unlimited data

a decrease in phone price an increase of cell phone service price. the price cut back comes at a cost

I pay an average of 51 bucks a month for AT&T now. If I bought an iPhone then my bill with be 86 bucks a month. Where as when the first iPhone came out AT&T only charged 59.95 for the plan which had unlimited data

a decrease in phone price an increase of cell phone service price. the price cut back comes at a cost

With text messages, I think you're paying something like $160 more than you would with the current iPhone.

Am I the only one who thinks this price increase is horse{censored}?

Not at all. :thumbsdown_anim: I'm also curious to see how people that have the first gen iPhone can upgrade. But with the patchy 3G coverage in the US, I'm still not sure it's worth the extra money each month. I think I might stick with my current one and wait for the 3rd gen iPhone to upgrade (I probably won't! :D ).

Wasn't apples claimed reason for charging iTouch useres for updates because they didn't get money from ATT for iTouch users?

yet they're still charging...

Interesting...

That's not cool... What about the users who already paid for the update?

Interesting...

That's not cool... What about the users who already paid for the update?

They're paying a measly $10 for this update. That's not much, compared to iPhone users who have to pay $60-75/mo for a contract. Aside from the fact that Apple and AT&T aren't doing revenue sharing anymore, this cost is even further justified.

I think the price increase for the monthly bill sucks, but now it is the same price as all of their other smartphones. We should have been being charged that from the launch of the first iPhone if they charged the same for the data plans for their blackberries and win-mo phones.