Why are iPod's so popular?

Al X And Er

33 posts in this topic

ummm...NO! Yes, I get what you're saying...But at what point in Microsoft's history can you honestly say that they offered a more elegant and well thought out solution to their competitors, and that's why they dominated?

The 90's.

Classic sucked, and Linux was mediocre at best as a desktop OS.

Actually Windows 2k is the best OS that MS have put out in years. Luna isn't that bad (I use it every day at work). Yes I prefer Aqua, but W2k and XP weren't actually bad operating systems. Yes they have viri and malware aplenty, but as the biggest OS out there they are the biggest target. OS X is not invulnerable.

Office up to 2007 (I don't like the UI of 2007) is actually bloody good.

However the iPod is successful for 2 reasons that are the core of any Apple product.

Ease of use and beautiful design.

They were the first out there to achieve it with an MP3 player and thus captured the market.

Where did I say that there was anything wrong with 2k? Regardless, it is not better than Vista.

How can you say that though? Are you speaking for most business IT departments?

But Windows 2k is still used a lot. I was just at the hockey hall of fame in Toronto last week, and on a big screen for some hockey quiz or something, windows 2000.

• 2 weeks later...

if you wanna talk OS then xp is where it's at. as long as microsoft still supports xp, government will not switch to vista. also they won't switch to osx either. most servers are windows, actually most hardware is dell whether it be server or desktop, they even have dell desktops running linux.

• 2 weeks later...

How did this ipod thread turned into Microsoft OS discussion? LOL

anyway, i was never a fan of ipod, for me it was just another mp3 player, until the itouch came out, i felt in love with it and got it, still enjoying it just like the first day.

i jailbroke that b!tch 5 mins after opening the box LOL