Complete Updates for Newbies and All -- Currently 10.5.5 Combo (Only Intel CPUs)

• Please log in to reply
2152 replies to this topic

gamerMan

gamerMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I tried to follow the guid to update my os x from 10.5.4(iatkos4i) to 10.5.5
But I can not see any Pre Update or Post Update patch from BIKE TOWN
The only thing I can see in that website is the file for SAMSUNG NC 10 ONLY(10.5.6)
Is that the right file?
or Can I just update from 10.5.4 to 10.5.6

NEW FORUM

metaljay

metaljay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

NEW FORUM

any news on a 10.5.7 update package?

also his site is down atm :(

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts

any news on a 10.5.7 update package?

also his site is down atm :)

it is down from the main hoster, either they are going bust, or they are totaly moving their hosting site physicaly to somewhere else.... now i m in the process of moving to complete better place of our own...

it will be here

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts
NEW FORUM HERE

Zi_Instigator

Zi_Instigator

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Thank you VERY MUCH :help:

bongatienza

bongatienza

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
the link to bike town doesn't work man..
sorry for being a total noob but will this work on my compaq presario v6000, i don't even know its specs..
i totally need your help please..
someone told me that my lan is integrated 10/100 ethernet. the problem is i can't get connected to the internet because the built-in ethernet has a no show in my network preference, how can i make it work?
your help is very much appreciated, thanks..

BryceW

BryceW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

sorry for being a total noob but will this work on my compaq presario v6000, i don't even know its specs..
someone told me that my lan is integrated 10/100 ethernet. the problem is i can't get connected to the internet because the built-in ethernet has a no show in my network preference, how can i make it work?

You will have to get the device ID of the network card, and search for either a KEXT, or look for a script that will inject it into the IO8122Family.KEXT.

I had to do this for my Broadcom 57xx NetXtreme card yesterday and got it to work.

 Mysticus C*

 Mysticus C*

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

check two posts above your post, new forum link, is there, and it is up n running for a while now, no more outage hopefully...

handyd

handyd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Mysticus,

I downloaded the two part RAR file for the 10.5.6 update, but there is a CRC error when extracting the zip

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi folks I did everything as mentioned here after 2nd reboot I get Kernel Panic:

ethernet: family specific matching fails.

I went into MacDrive checked the Info.plist of my Intel8255x ethernet adaptor my vendor and device ID were listed there and yea it did work before. Any ideas?

Details: I have Intel CPU (Core 2 Duo) installed using the newer Vanilla kernel unchecked that option that supposed to uncheck if have Vanilla kernel checked necessary drivers in customization for the CPU checked Just Restore (wasn't sure if I had ADIC or something) ran the pre and post scripts correctly not sure what could have went wrong?

Maybe it's because I selcted the newer vanilla kernel 9.2.1 not 9.2.0???

If anyone can help me fix this I am willing to donate $5. Another $5 if they help me upgrade to 10.5.7. :)

edit:
okay the update failed miserably too many problems with USB now and some other {censored}, I managed to get to the blue screen but it freezes, USB devices are not responding, I tried everything I just want to go back to 10.5.2 how everything was perfect full qe/ci driver for everything I had, no need this stupid upgrades...

pdbutler54

pdbutler54

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I know this has asked before. But here Goes. installed Kalyway 10.5.2, did the 10.5.3 combo update--install some other kexts, Oh, I am running a Dell Inspiron 1525 model PP29L. Was able to update to osx 10.5.4. Tried to install the 10.5.5 update, and the screen froze at login. not sure what I need to do, or what patches to put in place. Any suggestions would be of great help.
If you need any further information, then let me know.

nasch007

nasch007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Is this topic dead? I had troubles updating from Kalyway's 10.5.2 to 10.5.8 using apple software update. Now I'm abck to 10.5.2 and I want to follow this update path but bike town link is not working, what are the names of the pre and post update patches so I can download them elsewhere??

BarryB

BarryB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I followed the guide and now have a borked install? Installed kalyway 10.5.2 which worked with sleepkernel, but I did not install any gfx or audio drivers, then updated as per the guide (found and used combo update v1.2) now at the darwin boot there is no 'tohkernel' even though I installed most of the kernels from the customization option!

I boot with -s and do an ls and all I see are the kernels I installed from the kalyway 10.5.2, namely sleepkernel, modbinkernel, kabylkernel etc, there is no 'tohkernel'? If I boot with sleepkernel I get lots of errors probably due to wrong kernel and the boot hangs and I have to reset!

Anyway to fix this or do I have to reinstall 10.5.2 and try again with 10.5.5 or try another way?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy