iATKOS v2.0i released!

150 posts in this topic

Hecabe: There absolutely is 64 bits support in iATKOS 2.0i but there are other strange problems. Have you got qe/ci working on your graphics card?

Also there is a framework problem in iATKOS 2.0i which can be seen when trying to launch skype. I had to restore frameworks from the 10.5.2 apple update and the latest safari update to fix the problem (first using pacifist to extract all the frameworks from 10.5.2 and then installing safari update by double clicking on it).

Also I had to manually install the boot loader when using efi v8 on a guid partition.

Seems like this version of iATKOS has some issues.

EDIT: I think your problem with webstart is due to the fact that the framework webutils seems to be broken and possible another one that it depends on. Maybe Uphuck have distributed incompatible versions of the frameworks. Restoring the frameworks will most likely fix your problem.

hey guys... does anyone have any idea if Software Update works w/ this release?

anyways... thanks to everyone that put this together.. i'm finally running leopard again after kalyway stopped booting when i tried to upgrade to 10.5.2

I installed iatkos v2 just fine but when i try to see the about this mac it just logs out...and i have to login again..but i can't get the about this mac to work..does anyone know a solution??

Tnks!

~Konjohn~

Someone elsewhere on the forum had suggested the iATKOS version of Leopard for his ML6720, because he had gotten his keyboard working and everything and I was wondering if there was a way to get the keyboard working from the install, and if not, if someone can point me towards a guide to get it working after the install. I tried the keyboard soultions thread already with no luck.

Hey there,

I can't seem to get passed the black screen with the white blinking cursor after installing this copy of Leo.

I am trying to install iATKOS v2.0i re-released by brokenstones on an external USB SATA harddrive.

I would also like to point out that i am running XP and ubntu on my internal hdd and with the default grub boot-loader installed automatically by ubuntu.

Basically, using gparted I reformatted my external hdd to FAT32 (diskable: msdos). I pop the DVD in and go through all the necessary steps in the disk utility. So I select my external USB HDD > partition tab > Set volume to 1 partition scheme, give the partition a name (Mac OS X) >set the format to Mac OS X Extended (Journaled) then i click options to select MBR.

After clicking apply and partitioning is done I select the new volume (Mac OS X) > erase tab > confirm erase. Once that is done I proceed with the installation. At the end I am prompted to restart my system which I do but after the BIOS screen I come to a halt.... a blank, black screen with a white blinking cursor.

I made sure that in BIOS the BOOT option is set to my external USB HDD.

i appologise for the long post and appreciate any help!

I just managed to solve the problem. Here it goes:

original post by Hackajt:

I found that making a partion with disk utility and choosing Zero out Data under Security Options was the best way for avoiding the blinking cursor....Works everytime for me.

http://uphuck.ggrn.de/forum/viewtopic.php?...=a&start=90

... so basically when you are erase your harddisk select "Zero out Data" in the security options found under the erase tab. This will probably take a long time depending on your harddisk size but it's worth it!! :wacko:

I just managed to solve the problem. Here it goes:

... so basically when you are erase your harddisk select "Zero out Data" in the security options found under the erase tab. This will probably take a long time depending on your harddisk size but it's worth it!! :D

i'm trying to install on USB HD too, but actually i obtain lots and lots bugs...

Can you write your installation's options..

I have a strange problem..it installs ok.

But its doesn`t copy any kernels..i tried to copy myself from de dvd to the HD..it starts..but the screens goes black when its loading.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I've installed iAktos V2.0i on my Dell 9200, 2.4 GHZ Proccessor Q6600, Nvidia 8800gtx, 1x 500gb hard drive, 4gb 667 ram and I have installed it numerous times to get it working. I finish installing it but once I restart into Mac OSX it loads for a while and then shows a little cirlcle with a line through it. Whats am I doing wrong?

Please help me :)

• 2 months later...

Help! I downloaded an iATKOS iso image, as well as a Kalyway Leopard iso, and none of them seem to work. When I look at the contents of the iso, I see only 2 or so files, and the total size is not more than 200 KB. Is this supposed to happen (and will it still work if I go ahead and burn a DVD), or is the iso damaged and do I need to re-download it somewhere? I got these from torrents. If mine is damaged, where should I look for a working iso?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Help! I downloaded an iATKOS iso image, as well as a Kalyway Leopard iso, and none of them seem to work. When I look at the contents of the iso, I see only 2 or so files, and the total size is not more than 200 KB. Is this supposed to happen (and will it still work if I go ahead and burn a DVD), or is the iso damaged and do I need to re-download it somewhere? I got these from torrents. If mine is damaged, where should I look for a working iso?

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you're looking at it from a Windows machine, that's all you will more than likely see unless you use a program like MagicISO or something like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi to all, I have the same problems to... I run the disk utility & try to erase the target partition and I can't do that!!

Every time I erase it, the partition is MS-DOS (FAT 32) and it isn't mounted...

NO chance to mount it!!!!

Even on other partitions I can't install OSX..

Then I try KalyWay's 10.5.1 and work fine... I can install on every part with no problems....

Please, HELP me to get it work!!!

did u find any fix ? i get the same problem !!!

• 1 year later...