• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

izac

izac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
when i try to download the wow client from blizzard my hackintosh crashes grey screen of death :) my install is kalyways 10.5.1 updated to 10.5.2 with kernel 9.2.0 and nvidia 8500 with nvidia installer drivers... please any help would be apreciated...

baylorbear

baylorbear

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I'm sorry that I can't offer much in the way of authentic "know-how"... however... I was having several kernal panic issues (the grey screen) with my install. I just booted into safe mode using
-x as a boot flag. Then the install worked without any problems.

izac

izac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanx, i'll try that..but i think i'll first try to install jas 10.5.2 ... his versions was always running smooth :(

YoYelloW

YoYelloW

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 143 posts
u could try installing a different kernal, one from netkas maybe...

teh Blizzard downloader is actually a normal torrent downloading app, so if u go into the package u will find a .torrent, which u can use in any otehr torrent doaload app (like transmission etc) this will actaully download the files even faster.

WoJ

WoJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Jazz, Funk, Playin bass, Giggin :), Geekin' around with computers and electronic thingy-ma-b...
Hi,

Dont realy have any idea's why it isnt working,

but im using kalyway 10.5.2, nvidia 7600gt with nvinject and the downloader works fine for me :shrug:

yea try downloading off a usual torrent site or failing that rapidshare/similar etc

WoJ

cyclonefr

cyclonefr

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
do you have more than 3GB of ram ?

izac

izac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanx for the reply's i was sometime off.. well finally i found out that it was the 4 gb ram i have... :D i hope i find a fix for that.. for now i use maxmem=2048 and works fine!

sg

sg

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
pretty much all 4gig ram issues have to do with the fact that you have a jmicron IDE/ATA/SATA controller. most boards that include jmicron also have onboard (intel) ata/sata ports. if you arent using the jmicron controller, just disable it in the BIOS and then you'll be able to use more than 3gigs of RAM with OSX without any crashes.

jmicron is garbage, get rid of it if possible.

Mifter

Mifter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Wow sno leo really is picky

perk137

perk137

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

thanx for the reply's i was sometime off.. well finally i found out that it was the 4 gb ram i have... :rolleyes: i hope i find a fix for that.. for now i use maxmem=2048 and works fine!

So your RAM was bad? Or just the fact that you were running 4GB of RAM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy