What Kind Of Car Should I Buy?

14 posts in this topic

So I didn't know where else to put this. I'm looking towards getting a car. A decent one that'll last for at least a year or two. Customizable stereo is optional but preferred. And not a gas guzzler. Anybody have any ideas? I was thinking a '99 Civic since the engines can last forever, so I've heard, but Honda's aren't really my thing. I mean I'm not picky, as long as it gets me from point A to point B and I can pick up {censored} in it, I'm happy.

The what are you listing to thread..

Anyways, Honda's are great cars, but can be expensive to work on if you dont have the knowledge, you prob dont live in Southern California, but here are some sweet Honda's that i would consider, also their resale value is high, so the car will be cheaper but have high miles..

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

Great on gas, the SI is rad, sporty and a smooth ride!

Also check out Nissan, maybe the altima or a VW Jetta (they are sweet and can get great MPG)

I wasn't really looking at working on the car, just maybe the stereo. I love my music.

I heard that Civic engines can go for about 300k miles easily. Well at least the older ones. And thanks for the links, but I can't get chicks into a hatchback.

And I was also looking into Jettas. My sister had a 95 I believe, I loved that car. Great in bad weather too. Not too big on the newer ones. If I were to get a newer VW, then Passat FTW. But I don't want a really nice car as my first car, cause you always crash your first car. Especially in my family. I'm realizing as I'm typing this that I'm sounding kinda picky, but I'm not.

Here are my guidelines:

Beater

Last at least a year or two til I can afford a nicer car

Can get {censored} in it

Not a gas guzzler

Preferably not my full budget ($13k)

Thanks for your input fail, pretty helpful. And I completely forgot about that thread, I haven't been on it in a long time. I probably don't listen to half the {censored} I did when I posted there. Well except for maybe the end stuff. Indie Rock FTW!!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

This is Andreson.I can solve your problem.I always suggest people who wants to purchase car to go for Honda as it is one of the best company in the world.I suggest you to go for Honda civic of new model.As you will provided with all the facilities you are looking for in that car.So think once and go for Civic...

==============================

Andreson2304

for information on used cars Auction car sale..

Used Cars

Find a used Toyota Celica or similar car. I vote Toyota FTW as I own two and both have over 200k miles and work. In fact, one of them is a little pickup truck with 360000 miles on it!

But a Celica looks cool, and is semi-sporty, and gets around 30 mpg. I don't have one, but my girlfriend and my brother both have owned mid-90's model Celicas, and they both served them well for years. I have the Celica's big brother, the Supra. It is the absolute shiznit, but you probably won't find one in your budget, also they're rare.

I just bought a brand new 2007 Suzuki Forenza in Orlando, FL for $11,750 USD. With a 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty, and a 3 year, 50,000 power train warranty.

It has key less entry, premium stereo, power locks and windows, and all the other goodies.

It is not the greatest on gas (22 MPG City / 32 MPG Highway), but it is a very nice car for the price. I am pretty sure you could find a similar deal...

• 1 month later...

$13k is a new lancer straight off the back. I test drove one a couple of weeks back, I'm not kidding you with this, but for a car under $15k, this car is a {censored} fast ass car even without a turbo. I have a Dodge SRT4 right now with turbo that came stock on it, and the lancer just felt like it could accelerate WAY faster than my srt4.

$13k is a new lancer straight off the back. I test drove one a couple of weeks back, I'm not kidding you with this, but for a car under $15k, this car is a {censored} fast ass car even without a turbo. I have a Dodge SRT4 right now with turbo that came stock on it, and the lancer just felt like it could accelerate WAY faster than my srt4.

You mean a Lancer, or an Evo? There's a difference :wacko:

(For anybody reading this that doesn't know what an "Evo" is, it's full name is "Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution" - a souped up version of their Lancer)

I own 2 mustangs, one of which is a Mach1, not stock. The 07 gets ok gas mileage, and the Mach gets horrible mileage. So I have been looking for a third car to drive to work and such. I have been seriously considering acura integras. They are small, but look nice and I've heard (never owned one) they are reliable and sturdy. You should be able to find one of these thats very decent inside your budget if you like them.