theStevo 4.5 Patch Released

thestevo

90 posts in this topic

hello

i reinstalled kalyway 10.5.2 with your patch :

i zeroed my partition

i selected : fonts; french;kernel(by default); graphic : Nvinject; sound : none (i have an external usb sound card); network : none; mobochipset : none; patchs : your useful(!) patch, time machine fix, françaiskeyboardlayout, usbgenpc(or something like that);Apps : kext7helper, adium, pacifist, vlc, etc... ; and I think that's all ^^

i rebooted, but i have to let the install DVD my comp to start leopard -.- BUT i just have to let it boot, i don't have to write command "-v rd=disk0s1 etc..." and that's cool ;)

when i rebooted i had no internet, so I repaired permissions on viarhine.kext with kexthelper, and diskutility too

i hadn't correct NVinject drivers (i was in 1024x768 and no QE) so i did a lot of tweak in my kext by replacing all the DevID by mine.

I wanted to configure my sounds, but when I clicked on "sound" i had a kernel panic "plz reboot your computer blablabla..."

So i rebooted my comp ( but always with the DVD in), this time all worked fine!

now i have internet, i have CI/QE (verry happy for that!), i have sound (with external usb sound card), and i will see if i have my usb working correctly or not...

Unfortunately, my printer is officialy not compatible with leopard (EPSON Stylus Color 760) -.-

Anyways thanks very much for your patch and your help ;)

xbench before:

Disk Test 23.89

Sequential 20.43

Uncached Write 21.45 13.17 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 16.97 9.60 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 20.30 5.94 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 24.42 12.27 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 28.74

Uncached Write 12.03 1.27 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 38.89 12.45 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 91.31 0.65 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 51.57 9.57 MB/sec [256K blocks]

after

Disk Test 54.23

Sequential 116.70

Uncached Write 116.92 71.79 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 116.97 66.18 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 103.10 30.17 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 133.77 67.23 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Random 35.32

Uncached Write 12.29 1.30 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Write 69.47 22.24 MB/sec [256K blocks]

Uncached Read 94.92 0.67 MB/sec [4K blocks]

Uncached Read 143.98 26.72 MB/sec [256K blocks]

thanks thestevo

ok so I deleted my posts because they weren't beautiful and they spammed -.-

i had a big problem because i followed a tutorial that I didn't know and it make my internet not work.

i tried every thing booting with -v -s -x -F, repair permission, using kexthelper, etc... but it didn't want to work

so i reinstalled and now it's working but :

i want to tell you thestevo that your tuto didn't work for me : I used repair permission from diskutility during my first boot, but on the second boot viarhine.kext didn't work. So i used kexthelper to repair permissions and right now it's my third boot (i think) and it's working. So maybe this can be helpful for people

anyway thanks

Thanks a lots for your help :P

everything is working perfectly but just one thing at the boot he said that he couldn't use via rhine . :P .

i must fix the permissions i try with the disk utility but nothing it's happening it just only repair the permissions on other Kext can someone help me?

Well, as I've said, I don't completely understand the permissions issue with VIARhine. If ALCinject had the same issues I would suspect it was a problem with how they are added, but instead it seems perfectly fine and they are both installed the same way. All I can say is to repair permissions (which has always worked for me) or replace the kext either by hand or using kext helper.

My apologies for variations in experiences with this kext, but I don't really know what else to do with it. If any guru could explain to me why VIARhine doesn't work and ALCinject does, I'm very curious to know. Then I could correct it for my next patch.

Sounds like everybody is working now. Let me know if you have any more questions. I should be able to respond quicker now then before, I have a little more time these days.

theStevo

do you have ethernet issues?

because i have those when I try to download large files like iwork08 trial in firefox, or just when i want to surf over the net.

what i have to do when ethernet drops is : restart

so on the one hand the restart is fast on mac osx, so it's not a huge problem, but on the other hand it would be great if my ethernet wouldn't drop ;)

and just one minor thing : i'm trying to upgrade iLife08 suite (especially garageband 4.1.1), I will report if it works or not

edit : 4.1.2 is working at the moment, but it seems that ethernet issues are more frequent when i use it

Hello Stevo,

I´ve got a problem. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 with TheStevo4.5 patch on my PC with 4core dual sata2 mobo.

My hardware specs are E7200 Core 2 Duo, 4 Core dual Sata2, 250 Gb Seagate Sata Disk, 2gb DDRII 533 Ram,

X1950 Pro 512Mb videocard. I have the bios version 1.93a to support my cpu. I boot from the dvd and make 2 partitions of my sata disk with the Macintosh extended journaled filesystem. I finish the installation without any problem. But when I try to boot from my installed system it hangs up everytime at the screen with the grey apple and the loading circle. I tried different methods to start up with different kernels and -v, -x, -s, and tweaking my mobo settings but nothing works.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I'm also having problems with dropped ethernet. I thought things were running fine as I was browsing un-interrupted with Firefox for a long time.

Then I got a copy if Unison, the usenet reader / downloader, and while I was downloading some big files, I have been getting disconnection issues due to the ethernet drop out.

I rebooted and tried again and it worked for a few minutes, and then dropped again. It seems it's happening when the internet connection is running at it's maxiumum (in my case, 500 KB/s).

THIATHIAS, if I knew how to get into the console :( , I'm sure I'd get a similar error to you!

console is under applications/tools i think, i'm not sur because i'm not english.

and me too it's appear when my connection is running at its maximum ( but mine is 270KB/s -.- )

sometimes it drops sometimes it doesn't.

right now i'm thinking about making a script that would restart my computer when my ethernet drop, but i'm an absolute nooby into scripting so it's hard ...

if had a script like that, i would start it during the night so i could download without being interrupted.

I think I finally found a solution to my dropped ethernet.

I used the old 4.0 patch thread from Stevo and one of the replies mentioned the below settings:

picture1dg4.png

So far, things are working great. I've tried a few HD movie trailers from Apple that I couldn't watch last night due to my ethernet dropping when downloading the large files.

Hopefully things stay like this! I'll post back if it starts dropping the connection again.

I have WiFi network drop problem similar to what others are saying for ethernet, and I think it may be related! I have a Belkin 54G WiFi PCI card in my ASRock that has always worked fine in 10.2 and up on my G4 towers (Broadcom 4306 chipset, shows as Airport card). Now it's in my Hackintosh and I get network drops, usually (but not always) when I'm moving large files. Also, it shows as 3rd party adapter in System Profiler instead of Airport (difference in intel version of driver?). It may be related to Ethernet because when this card is in my 'real' Macs it disables the built-in Ethernet (I never understood why though, they should both be usable simultaneously). I will try adjusting the ethernet settings and see if that helps. Also, I plan to test the VIA ethernet port soon.

-=D=-

It also dropped out for me too. Using the settings I posted above did give me the longest up-time though out of all the settings I've tried before. It finally gave up when I was downloading through bitorrent.

I'm going to try the conf file from the 4.0 patch thread to see if that makes a difference.

Hey stevo

DaFrigN - You might want to look into Superhai's USBGenPC. I don't know if it would fix it, but it sounds like it is along the lines of what Superhai is working on. Since you have an SATA2 board, can you give me some more info? The kext that is in this patch contains modifications for your board, and I need some feedback on it. Do you have UDMA on your ATA? (This can be found in IORegistryExplorer). Are you working properly and stable on SATA? Any other info would be great!

Can you give me a link to Superhai's USBGenPC? I've googled around but only come up with your post about it. Is it the same as PCGenUSBFix on some installers? My USB is working, it's just the Mass Storage Driver that has this one annoying flaw. Fortunately it reboots fast enough that I can live with it.

Yes, I would be happy to give more info / feedback. I just need to get a copy of Leo Dev Tools so I can have IORegistryExplorer. I have Tiger's IORegExpl here at work, but It may not run on Leo without Dev stuff, as some of the other Dev Tools won't function without proper Dev install.

I'm using 2 PATA HDDs right now, but I will be using SATA very soon, I have a PATA to SATA Adapter on the way, and I plan to get a big fat SATA drive real soon.

FYI to all: I was finally able to get a working install of 10.4.11 using the archival XxX rev2 disc and selected the right patches (there are so many!!!) 10.4.11 functions much better then 10.5.2 for my hardware. I fixed the WiFi as per the Wiki, and now no drop outs with my Belkin/Broadcom 4320 PCI card!!! Just have some sleep issues in 10.4... probably just need to pick a different kernel.

Sorry It took so long to respond... RL & getting CoD2 and Prey installed (had to test these extensively!)... you know B)

10.4,11, 10.5.2, XPproSP2.... Tri-booting Rocks!

Peace

-=D=-

for your usb problem there is a thread here about an app called "lingon" which launch script when you want to, so you make a script to load the kext you want to load and you tell lingon to lauch them at startup

lingon right that can control/configure the launchd process. I've used it to auto relaunch my BT client when it crashes. Can you give me a link to the relevant topic on this board?

Thanks,

=-D=-

lingon right that can control/configure the launchd process. I've used it to auto relaunch my BT client when it crashes. Can you give me a link to the relevant topic on this board?

Thanks,

=-D=-

Never mind I found it:

sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass

and make applescript to run this at boot ....

Also, colud be mismatched kernel/system.kext

usb fix 1.3.mpkg from USB Problems thread would solve that.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

=-D=-