Driver for enabling bluetooth in Toshiba laptop

bacouch

33 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself :). It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

ioreg -lw0 | grep TOS6205

It's my first driver and event first application for Mac OS, so don't be mad if this brakes anything on your computer:).

ToshibaBluetooth.kext.zip

ToshibaBluetooth.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself :) . It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

It's my first driver and event first application for Mac OS, so don't be mad if this brakes anything on your computer:).

Hi Bacouch,

I have a Toshiba Qosmio X300 and your kext is working perfectlly under Leopard and Snow Leopard 32bit,but under Snow Leopard 64bit does not work.

Please could you modify the kext for Snow 64bit??

Many thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself :). It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

hey, so i'm new to all this and i'm just wondering what i do exactly with your attached files? do i drop them in the terminal? thanks for any help!!

-marn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

thank you for the 64it kext, it worked flawlessly!!!!! but then i upped to 10.6.3, and its not loading up anymore. pfix log confirms this.

so is it just me that has issues on 10.6.3, or is the kext broken in this version? could it be modified?

im running a toshiba x305-q705

THANKS!

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Hi all,

I were looking for something like this for a long time now and couldn't find anything so I wrote one myself ;). It's using device TOS6205, and you can check if you have one by typing:

Top work for a first effort. This works perfectly on my toshiba nb200 with 10.0 snow leopard. Unfortunately it's not working on 10.6.5 (which I need to make my wifi work!)

Any ideas what's broken it in newer versions?

Thanks,

Andrew

Top work for a first effort. This works perfectly on my toshiba nb200 with 10.0 snow leopard. Unfortunately it's not working on 10.6.5 (which I need to make my wifi work!)

Any ideas what's broken it in newer versions?

Thanks,

Andrew

For me it works perfectly under SL 10.6.7 64bit (Toshiba Satellite X200-20F) . Try to verify the kernel didn't switch from 32 to 64 mode after updating.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey!

Again, big thanks for your great kext! I'm currently working on my Lion install, and apparently the kext don't load. I'm not very sure but the bluetooth don't work.

Do you plan to compile it for 10.7?

OK, I managed to make it work under 10.7 (fresh install)

After some investigation, the kext seems to be loaded at startup, but maybe it can't detect hardware, or something like that.

I unloaded, and reloaded it manually and tada! it works!

I don't know if I'll need to do this again at next startup.

You guys can try this in the mean time.

EDIT: Works like a charm, no need to do anything.