10.5.6 Upgrade Issues - DMG Mount Kernel Panic

organik

28 posts in this topic

Updated from iAtkos 10.5.5 to 10.5.6, every time I try to mount a DMG I get a kernel panic. New to the OSX86 scene but learning rapidly...

Any ideas on a fix? Already tried reverting to old System.kext and HDIX.???.kext

This is on an asus p5vdc-mx with 2gb and nvidia ge6200 256mb

Thanks for your help.

Updated from iAtkos 10.5.5 to 10.5.6, every time I try to mount a DMG I get a kernel panic. New to the OSX86 scene but learning rapidly...

Any ideas on a fix? Already tried reverting to old System.kext and HDIX.???.kext

Thanks for your help.

Get a copy of the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext and install it to replace the one from 10.5.6. See the 10.4.6 thread in "New Releases" sub-formu.

Wish i could get this far, my install crashes during 10.5.6 installation even with original AppleACPIplatform.kext from 10.5.5 in place.

I use the new bootloader stuff but stil the install dies.

It does manage to copy the seatbelt.kext by the way because after a repair install i cannot mount dmg files untill i restore it to the 10.5.5 version.

I have the dmg mounting kernel panic issue unless I boot with -x. I hear that people resolve this issue by replacing the seatbelt.kext with the 10.5.5 version and also perhaps the system.kext from 10.5.5. I tried replacing just seatbelt. The issue remained. I then added the 10.5.5 system.kext. Issue remained. The I overwrote my DSDT patched boot file with just efi9 unpatched with DSDT.

P5K-e WIFI, 4gb ram, MBR partitioning, all sata, 7300GT, vanilla

Nothing helps this issue for me.

I have yet to hear of anyone else who did not resolve this issue with the 10.5.5 seatbelt. Any ideas?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the dmg mounting kernel panic issue unless I boot with -x. I hear that people resolve this issue by replacing the seatbelt.kext with the 10.5.5 version and also perhaps the system.kext from 10.5.5. I tried replacing just seatbelt. The issue remained. I then added the 10.5.5 system.kext. Issue remained. The I overwrote my DSDT patched boot file with just efi9 unpatched with DSDT.

P5K-e WIFI, 4gb ram, MBR partitioning, all sata, 7300GT, vanilla

Nothing helps this issue for me.

I have yet to hear of anyone else who did not resolve this issue with the 10.5.5 seatbelt. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edit: It turned out that I did install the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 although I didn't need it. I took the 10.5.6 seatbelt and system.kext and it works now! :)

I have the dmg mounting kernel panic issue unless I boot with -x. I hear that people resolve this issue by replacing the seatbelt.kext with the 10.5.5

Same problem here, anyone find another way to fix it?

i downloaded the seatbelt kext your link provided, but osxtools won't recognize the file as an actual kext. where am i going wrong?

Works fine here..you have to unzip it first!

For those who still have kernel panics when mounting .dmg images after installing the kext, a temporary solution is to open Disk Utility and convert them to "CD/DVD Master". Then they will mount.

Alright, I fixed the dmg kernel panic.

Mounted 10.5.6 update after converting to Master CD/DVD from dmg (thanks Beerkex'd), then used Pacifist to reinstall mach_kernel, system.kext, and seatbelt.kext.

I think I had mismatching kernel and system.kext versions from when I was messing with the Voodoo kernel. Stupid, I know.

I'm still having kernel panics when mounting some-but-not-all dmgs.

I'm running 10.5.6 with the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext.

Most of my dmg files mount correctly, but here are some that don't:

CarbonCopyCloner-3.1.3.dmg

Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A.dmg

MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.6.dmg

It would be interesting to hear from others running 10.5.6 with

the 10.5.5 seatbelt to learn if these examples fail or succeed.

a link to the 10.5.6 seatbelt would be nice, IPC's didn't work and neither did the one on the dvd

Indeed that would be nice.

I've updated to 10.5.6 on my hackintosh and had the mounting issue. Installed the kext from 10.5.5 (seatbelt.kext) and no problems whatsoever.

However, installed the 9.6.0 voodoo kernel package and now it's off course unmatching again; seatbelt is from 9.5.0..

Should I have made a backup? Most probably a smart idea. Real life situation; I didn't #$@%@

So downloading the DMG for the 10.5.6. update from apple now, will try the convert to DVD/CD master in disk utility and hopefully can grab the kext afterwards..

Will post when it's done/ if it's done

UPDATE: Success! Find file attached in ZIP (10.5.6 seatbelt.kext for use with 9.6.0 kernel)

Install using kexthelper or place in /System/Library/Extensions and fix permissions

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/seatbelt.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/seatbelt.kext

seatbelt.kext.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

I have the same exact probably ):

I'm still having kernel panics when mounting some-but-not-all dmgs.

I'm running 10.5.6 with the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext.

Most of my dmg files mount correctly, but here are some that don't:

CarbonCopyCloner-3.1.3.dmg

Voodoo_Kernel_Release_1.0_Rev_A.dmg

MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.6.dmg

It would be interesting to hear from others running 10.5.6 with

the 10.5.5 seatbelt to learn if these examples fail or succeed.

Hi, I have 10.5.6 with the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext

I downloaded and mounted those dmg's with no problems.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
UPDATE: Found the kext online ( http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:F0ffwc...;cd=3&gl=us ) and used OSx86Tools to install. Now all is working great!

Please help me - I updated to 10.5.6 and can't use my external hard drive anymore. It was working fine until the update but now the usb drive won't mount (although there is still power). I tried this tool yet still not working any idea??? Anyone please?

I'm able to use it on my laptop and I tried to use my usb flash drive and that won't work either.

Ps: if I leave it connected then restart the computer it will mount and work, this is the only way I can get it to work :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Hi, I have 10.5.6 with the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext

I downloaded and mounted those dmg's with no problems.

got the 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext after exact same problem mounting .dmg's after .5.6 update. everything's jake now. thx a mil! :(

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thx, that worked for me too :D

I clicked the link and didnt go anywhere and then i erased some of the beggining ang i got to the iatkos micky mouse guide..how is this supposed to help??is this the right link??

I used iPC to got o 10.5.6 via a fresh install and have used the ktext and still have a kernel panic..I'm using Darwin version 9.2.0.

My main stuff is installed but i would like to be able to mount dmg's..lol..But I have a panic..If someone wants to post a link to the file or the file itself, that would be awesome..Thanks.

~Nerd