About This File

Patched OSInstall.mpkg and OSInstall framework to allow installation on MBR partition.

To use these patched files you must create an installer using this method (Pandora's Box should also work). You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.

After creating the installer, run this command in terminal replacing "installer volume name" by the name of your installer drive. If it contains spaces, surround the name by " or precede each space with \ (you can just drag and drop the drive to terminal when typing the command)

sudo tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_10.9.5_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/"installer volume name"

If you download with Safari, it will automatically expand the gz, so the command should be

sudo tar xvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_10.9.5_MBR_Patch.tar -C /Volumes/"installer volume name"

What's New in Version 10.9.5   See changelog

Released

• Updated to 10.9.5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• i am tring to install maverick on my hackindosh

•  

it says mbr not suppoted

i tried the patch but it terminal windows shows lots of errors and not working

i am tring to in install from maverick.app

ple help

there was a problem reading mac os x installation disk

same here

but it worked when I just copied the two main files

I guess the given command breaks the permissions and owners, groups of files and directories

I will ask the uploader to fix these

In "Install OS X Mavericks.app" can not locate the two main files.

Or this patch just works on GM version?  

same here

I guess the given command breaks the permissions and owners, groups of files and directories

got the same, i copied the files myself, didnt work aswell. after the wizard menu to choose language it only gives me a black screen. Im sure that this files are the bug. Please update and offcourse alot of thanks for youre work!

same here

the uploader fixed the owners and groups of files

Thanks a lot, very helpful :)

Possible to have this gem for 10.6.8 too ? I stick to this OS and i mirrored the install DVD to an USB key. Just want to move my Gigabyte with an Asus which needs a MBR formated disk. Thanks.

hey,powerful hackers!!will it also work if i just extract this file and copy them to replace the original ones?thanks very much!!