ZiPhone'd iPhone showing no service.

benwinship

17 posts in this topic

Sorry for the confusing topic name :)

Yeah, i recently got an iPhone and unlocked/jailbreaked it and when i insert a SIM it searches for the network for a little while then says "No Service" in the corner. I tried doing a full restore to 1.1.4 then using ZiPhone again and the same thing happened. Anyone have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

This happens when you use a baseband higher than the one that came with your firmware.

This happened to me when I had 1.1.1 using 04.02 baseband...

To prevent, update to the latest firmware (1.1.4) before unlocking...

Also, make sure you are flashing 04.05 bb.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I don't understand the lingo used in the previous threads.

I used ziphone to "Do it all" on my iphone, but after inserting my SIM card, there is "No Service".

I put the SIM card in my other iphone, and it could detect the carrier.

What gives? Can I use Ziphone to solve this problem?

Thank you! Thank you!

ZiPhone flashes the latest baseband, probably you got a 1.1.1 iPhone with the 1.1.4 baseband.

Eg:

1.1.1 iPhone - 1.1.4 Baseband > No Service

1.1.4 iPhone - 1.1.1 Baseband > OK

1.1.4 iPhone - 1.1.4 Baseband > OK

The baseband has to be the same or lower than your firmware version to work,

If you get a higher version, it will have the No Service problem.

To avoid this, first, update your iPhone to 1.1.4 and then use any

of the unlocking apps available.

• 2 weeks later...
ZiPhone flashes the latest baseband, probably you got a 1.1.1 iPhone with the 1.1.4 baseband.

Eg:

1.1.1 iPhone - 1.1.4 Baseband > No Service

1.1.4 iPhone - 1.1.1 Baseband > OK

1.1.4 iPhone - 1.1.4 Baseband > OK

The baseband has to be the same or lower than your firmware version to work,

If you get a higher version, it will have the No Service problem.

To avoid this, first, update your iPhone to 1.1.4 and then use any

of the unlocking apps available.

Please HELP ! ! !

Here's my summery: I've erased, updated, downgraded, unlocked, restored, refurbished (Ziphone 2.5, 2.6b, 3.0), upgrade Bootloader (Bootneuter), downgraded Bootloader (Bootneuter & Ziphone), but nothing has fixed my "No Service" issue. I will, for unknown reasons, get service and see the T-MOBILE bar for like 2 minutes then cut-out (the signal) for hours and then i'll see it again (the signal) for another 3 minutes then cut-out.

Here's the read out from my current "About" screen

Network - Not available

Version - 1.1.4 (4A102)

Model - MA712LL

IMEI - ** ****** **5766 5

Modem Firmware - 04.04.05_G

To get to my current phone status I have now, I've done everthing I've just mention AND - the phone was purchase at 1.1.1 stock, I have successfully unlocked 1.1.1 (anySim 1.1), 1.1.2 (anySim 1.2u), and 1.1.4 - (ziphone 2.6b & 3.0)

I've had the "No Service" issue before, it got worse when using 1.1.4 for awhile. So to fix it, I tried the winpwn 0.99 and that is when the "No Service" issue became perminant.

During my most current try - I refurbished with ziphone 2.6b, then restored with Winpwn 1.0 RC - bootneutered and unlocked BL 3.9. The phone started with service for 5 minutes then nothing since.

Be careful with ZiPhone refurbish. It has bricked some iPhones.

Restore the iPhone in DFU mode to 1.1.4, use pwnage tool to unlock.

if problem persists, use the bricktool (pm me 4 details)

Have you tried using another Sim card? Or a hardware issue.

I got one iPhone in which the antenna cable was broken and sometimes

it worked and sometimes it didn't. Replaced the cable and voila! it worked again.

had the same problems. I used ZiPhone 3.0 at 1.1.3 OTB, and after 5 hours spent on the Internet and reading manuals I decided the problem! I downloaded the ZiPhone GUI and selected unlock only option, and i had first successful call from my brand new iPhone -_- So use ZiPhone GUI, not just Ziphone 3.0 and be happy!

Sorry for bad english sometimes, i'm 18-year old Ukrainian :D

I am having a similar problem. I got a refurbished iPhone that had 1.0.2 on it. So it has a bootloader of 3.9. I upgraded it to 1.1.4 then used Ziphone (I think version 2.5) to unlock and jailbreak and things were fine for a couple months, then I started getting the "No Service" problem. I am using T-Mobile as my cell service.

So now I think I was to do a restore and use Pwnage. But what should I do about my bootloader? Should I use Bootneuter and make it 4.6?

Then use Pwnage to unlock & jailbreak? I appreciate any suggestions.

• 1 month later...

Six days it took messing around to find this...

This is a simple version of several thousand million various attempts, cobbled together from some hundred or so posts, some bogus, some unreadable, in order to convince my iPhone that the sim card actually does work...

Being Irish, I would prefer to be out drinking than spending countless nights infront of my Mac.. Anyway here goes...

The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)

iTunes 7.5

http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes/?3402

Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/02/26/ipod-iphone...1-1-4-released/

iBrickr

http://cre.ations.net/creation/ibrickr (This is windows ONLY)

Ziphone 3

http://www.ziphone.org/

Kiphone

http://iphone-freak.com/en/page2/page2.html

Ok so you've downloaded all of these, lets get started...

1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.

2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away

3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.

4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.

5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.

6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)

8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.

9. You now have a jailbroken phone, with a "No Service" problem. Great.

10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.

11. Enjoy, you should have full service back.

12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.

13. Drink lots of beer, Apple you should be ashamed of yourselves, I wasted the majority of six days of my life to get this problem sorted. Pity-full. :mad::mad::mad:

This is a simple version of several thousand million various attempts, cobbled together from some hundred or so posts, some bogus, some unreadable, in order to convince my iPhone that the sim card actually does work...

Being Irish, I would prefer to be out drinking than spending countless nights infront of my Mac.. Anyway here goes...

The downloads you will need are; (Download all of these to the desktop for your own sanity)

iTunes 7.5

Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware

iBrickr

Ziphone 3

Kiphone

1. Upgrade your iPhone to Version 2 software through iTunes as normal, and wait for the Sim locked message. You need to do this to normalise your iPhone again incase any previous messing around did anything nasty.

2. Uninstall iTunes if it is a higher version than 7.5 and install iTunes 7.5 (You need to do this to avoid the annoying Error 1604). Some of you may have a problem on the mac when downgrading to iTunes 7.5 (Library error). You need to go to finder click on /Users/Username/Music/iTunes you should see the "iTunes Library" file. MOVE it somewhere safe. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE THIS FILE, if you do you will have to redo all your playlists etc, believe me I made this mistake (Thank God for Time Machine!!). iTunes 7.5 should launch away

3. Restore your iPhone to 1.1.4. Do this by docking your iPhone and hold down the Option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) and click on restore. Point iTunes to the 1.1.4 firmware you downloaded earlier. Sit back and relax, you deserve a coffee.

4. Don't panic, you should get an "Error 10xx", usually 1015, this is ok. Take a sip of coffee, a deep breath and proceed.

5. Load up iBrickr, you will need a PC for this if you have a Mac or just fire up Parallels / VMWare. Luckily I had access to an old laptop. iBrickr should recognise your iPhone as being connected.

6. iBrickr (V0.91) has only two options, click the "Boot phone" button. The screen will turn red, this is normal, be patient it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

7. You should now have have a 1.1.4 iPhone with a baseband from V2 (Who cares, its technical and we don't need to get into it here)

8. Run ZiPhone and use the "Do it all" option. Make another coffee, this takes 10 minutes or more.

10. Load up KiPhone. click on "iErase" (Mac) or "debug boot" and "Erase baseband" (PC). I HAD MORE SUCCESS WITH THE PC VERSION. The Mac version hung twice, it's your choice but for your own sanity maybe try the PC Version.

12. Dock with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to upgrade your iPhone, make sure to click the "Do not ask me again" button and click don't upgrade. Otherwise you will be back at square one.

13. Drink lots of beer, Apple you should be ashamed of yourselves, I wasted the majority of six days of my life to get this problem sorted. Pity-full. :mad::mad::mad:

:P Thanks a lot hibernian56 - Trying it now and I will let you know if it works! Been looking for answers everywhere. Nice to find someone who puts it so simply! Thanks :D Chris

Hi ya - I have got as far as step 3 where itunes cannot use it as it says that i have to use an itunes 7.7 orlater. please help!

iTunes 7.5

Iphone 1.1.4 Firmware

iBrickr

Ziphone 3

Kiphone

I was having the same problem, and this worked like a charm!! Thanks!! I thought I would never get the "no service" error resolved, but your steps were super easy to follow. :blink: