Install hangs on G33 chipset motherboard

cod.peace

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to get OSX up and running a system with this hardware: ECS G33T-M2 motherboard (Intel G33 Express/ICH9R chipset), ATI Radeon 2600 HD video, Q6600 CPU, SATA disk and DVD, and 4 gig RAM. The motherboard is a microATX board with no IDE ports at all.

The Kalyway installer goes into a reboot loop. ToH 10.5.1 and iAtkos both get further. With both I get the message:

Extensions "com.apple.driver .AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components ; use only one style

The boot continues on ToH, it states the MAC framework is initialized, has a line about 16384 buffers and 4096 IO clusters, and hangs.

I have tried the various combinations of -v -s -vanilla cpus=1 mem=2048 etc with no solution yet. I've also tried disabling onboard audio and LAN and played with the ACPI and SATA mode settings. Nothing works.

Any tips? Has anyone had success with this motherboard yet? Thanks!!

Hi all,

I'm trying to get OSX up and running a system with this hardware: ECS G33T-M2 motherboard (Intel G33 Express/ICH9R chipset), ATI Radeon 2600 HD video, Q6600 CPU, SATA disk and DVD, and 4 gig RAM. The motherboard is a microATX board with no IDE ports at all.

The Kalyway installer goes into a reboot loop. ToH 10.5.1 and iAtkos both get further. With both I get the message:

Extensions "com.apple.driver .AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components ; use only one style

The boot continues on ToH, it states the MAC framework is initialized, has a line about 16384 buffers and 4096 IO clusters, and hangs.

I have tried the various combinations of -v -s -vanilla cpus=1 mem=2048 etc with no solution yet. I've also tried disabling onboard audio and LAN and played with the ACPI and SATA mode settings. Nothing works.

Any tips? Has anyone had success with this motherboard yet? Thanks!!

bump

• 4 months later...
bump

Go into your bios and turn off acpi/ahcpi one or the other, then change your sata mode to compatability. then your dvd should boot.

Running Ecs G33t-m2 rev:1.0, 2 gig ram, c2d 6750, 750 gig hd, dual booting vista/leopard. Used Kalyway 10.5.2.

P.S.

In order to fix the acpi error you need to flash your bios with Kabyl modded bios for Ecs G33t-m2.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the same problems as cod.peace, I did get Leo4All to install by disabling my ACPI and setting SATA to compatibility. Unfortunately that was via brute force experimentation with bios settings and not from (more intelligently) researching. My system still won't boot (using Leo4All) after install.

I found this posting, and installed the ACPI fixing modded bios from Kabyl (the guy is amazingly good). My existing Leo4All install still won't boot. I am going to try installing the Kalyway 10.5.2 in just a few minutes, as you stated thats what your running. I wanted to run my hardware config by you to see if you see anything creating a problem for me.

G33T-M2 v1.0 main board

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

8GB RAM (4 x 2GB) DDR-800

80GB Maxtor SATA drive (6L080M0)

BFG (nVidia) 9500 GT / 1GB

I've played with dropping down to a single 2gb chip and running off of the onboard video with no luck, but that was before the bios change. Anything you might recommend I would appreciate. Thanks for the info you already posted too!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey. this is a bit of an old post but im trying to install Mac on my HP Pavillion.

it has a IPIBL-LB ASUS Motherboard. It has Intel G33 Express Chipset. Onboard RAID controller ICH9R. Before i do anything i want to know if the modded BIOS Specified above will not damage my system.

Any other of the Motherboard information can be found Here

EDIT: Here is my Hardware Configuration.

3GB of Ram

400GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

XFX nVidia 8800GT

everything is the same as the default system Specs Here. except for the 8800GT

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I am using:

Intel c2d 2.33 ghz E6550

Intel DG33FB motherboard

2Gb Ram 800Mhz

My installation of Jas 10.5.4 OSx86 hangs at the point given in the image Uploaded with this post.

I have my Bios settings

ACPI : <s3 state> which is the Main Thing required...

Please Post any solution to this??

Thanks in Advance...

post-340372-1230994975_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...