Security Update 2008-002 1.1 Safe?

hogfan

6 posts in this topic

I have seen anybody post anything about this security update. The Security Update 2008-002 1.0 update installed fine, but I just want to make sure there is nothing in this new one that will break my install. I'm nervous about any updates b/c I have everything exactly like I want it, but Acronis TrueImage won't let me clone my drive to a drive of a smaller size, even though there is plenty of drive space. Guess I'll have to use Ghost! So is this update a safe one? Thanks.

I noticed the same thing with Acronis. It will clone the drive and make it bootable, but only to a larger drive, which ends up having the original partition size. I tried two identical drives and it still gave the error that the destination drive was not large enough. Has anybody tried Ghost successfully?

I have seen anybody post anything about this security update. The Security Update 2008-002 1.0 update installed fine, but I just want to make sure there is nothing in this new one that will break my install. I'm nervous about any updates b/c I have everything exactly like I want it, but Acronis TrueImage won't let me clone my drive to a drive of a smaller size, even though there is plenty of drive space. Guess I'll have to use Ghost! So is this update a safe one? Thanks.

Everything except my wireless worked fine. I kept a copy of all the /System/Library/Extensions/*.kext and I replaced the IO80211Family kext with my old one, re-booted and all is fine. I think my bluetooth works better (Asus G1).

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this {censored} and breaks my audio. Now it makes cracking noise when I play music or do anything that has sounds.

It was fine before I install it. Now i don't know how to remove it.