"Errors encountered while starting up the computer."

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys I've question.

When I boot into Mac OS X with -v option,

I always see this messeage and have to wait for 5 seconds before enter loading screen.

Errors encountered while starting up the computer.

Pausing 5 seconds...

How to fix this error?

It usually means that you have a damaged disk. Use the Repair Disk function from the OSx86 Install DVD in Disk Utility.

I have the same problem. "Errors encountered while starting up the computer." every time when I boot into OS X.

Repair disk and repair permissions didn't help.

What else could cause this error message? I didn't find a lot about it on the internet. Btw, I am using Iatkos 10.5.1 patched to v2/3.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the same problem. Using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I haven't tried the repair disk function yet so I can't verify if that will work with my installation. I'll post here afterwards when I get around to it.

I also have the same problem. Using Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I haven't tried the repair disk function yet so I can't verify if that will work with my installation. I'll post here afterwards when I get around to it.

Still no luck with the repair thing.

Still no luck with the repair thing.

Did you ever figure this one out? I get this error with iATKOS v1.0ir2 and Kalyway 10.5.2. It tries to load after the error message but then restarts, everytime. Inspiron e1505, Intel T7200 2x2.0 GHz, 2x1 GB OCZ 667, ATI X1400. Thanks for the help.

SAG

• 1 month later...

Hi every one.

I also have the same problem/message. I'll try everything tofix but nothing. I use Kalyway 10.5.2, i'll try iATKOS 2.0 but the same problem... My installation flows good and after rebootin those message occures...

What to do???

I've had these errors before, and they usually relate to:

1) Damaged install disk

2) Corrupted files

3) Missing files

Considering that this is a new install that this happens with, its probably a damaged install disk. Use a different brand of DVD-R disc and burn at 2x speeds. Also make sure that your MD5 checksum verifies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For me, it happens everytime I stop the boot countdown, I mean, if I let it boot by itself it boots fine, but if I interrupt it and press any key, no matter what it will give me that error.

So I don't think it's always related to "real" errors/problems.

• 2 weeks later...

I have asus MB M2N-MX SE.

I installed different versions of osx86 and i always had a same message - now I have a iPC PPF5 and it doesn't work.

UPD!!!

It's work

I install iPC

Then I install Leo4all with SMBIOD from Netkas and EFI

and i don't have problem:

Errors encountered while starting up the computer.

Pausing 5 seconds...

But now i have problems of another kind.