osx86 on a REAL mac

hackintosh4life

27 posts in this topic

Ok do not ask why, im experimenting and want to get osx86 on my real imac (maxed out) and have come into the frist problem when i try to boot the dvd i just get a blinking cursor. Would it be because of the efi?....... Anyone please iliterate.

10.4.10 Kalyway intel

Well, I like the whole idea of editing kexts and for lack of a better word "none vanillia" so i would like to see how the 2600 XT in my imac works and if the airport works... that kind of stuff..... Also the speed..... so any ideas.?

No clue what that meant. Speed will be the same since you are running essentially the same files. (except for a few here and there or that are deleted.)

You can still edit kext on the "real" OS X installation.

Why not install OS X and then add/use modified kext from OSx86 as needed?

Who cares "why" i would like to do it, but can you guys please, try and help me!? like im not trying to be rude but im not good at explaining things in a less confusing way...... do you have any ideas how to get the disc to at least get me to verbose or a kernel panic so i can at least trouble shoot?

Who cares "why" i would like to do it, but can you guys please, try and help me!? like im not trying to be rude but im not good at explaining things in a less confusing way...... do you have any ideas how to get the disc to at least get me to verbose or a kernel panic so i can at least trouble shoot?

Who cares, me I was interested and to help you best knowing what you are trying to accomplish helps, geez.

I gave you an idea. Installing the regular OS X and than working backwards and replacing with modified kexts/kernel from osx86 is the exact same thing.

Trying to start with an OSx86 DVD and making it boot on a real Mac is essentially removing the modified kernel/dsmos/efi and only leaving the installers for modified drivers. (hence OS X)

Does that make sense?

Edit: See you asked the same thing on Netkas' forum and got the same question.

uhm sorry but no? how would i go about replacing everything? from a vanillia install would i replace mach , all the kexts, smbios?..... but im more interested in getting the dvd to boot.so noones ever actually done this?...... noone knows how to?

There hasnt ever been any point in doing this. Real Mac owners such as myself have either used PPC tiger disks, or got/bought leopard with their system.

The EFI bootloader is very hardware specific, it's probably your problem. Try with the regular darwin bootloader.

Yes, why?! The point of having a mac is that it all just works, no driver problems and kext editing and such.

Just use your iMac like a normal computer. It is a ridiculous idea to run OSx86 on your iMac. Let me ask, does your iMac have a BIOS?

Before you answer, let me point out, holding down the mouse button, hold option, or the d key is not a BIOS...

You have no bios therefore, it would be stupid to install OSx with the smBIOS kext... which is what makes it work on a PC...

Also... why put tiger on it when if you have not niticed, we live on leo now....

Think Mark

Jesus Christ! :D God help us! :D

1) you should know that osx86 installs a bootloader on the partition that is not recognized by real macs

2) i doubt a patched kernel works on real macs

3) you need to change back smbios and appleacpi kext.. so what's the deal?

4) if you manage to boot you'll see no difference at all because you have the exact installation as in vanilla dvd, just those files are changed

wasted time