osx86 on a REAL mac

hackintosh4life

27 posts in this topic

how exactly would i remove the bootloader? if i copyed the files via drag and drop to another partition?.... and i must delete the smbios? and appleacpi?

You install from the original DVD you will get rid of it. :rolleyes:

You're still missing the point, you remove the OSx86 only bootloader, remove a few modified kexts back to the original Apple supplied ones and it IS the same as the original DVD installation.

If you want to test 3rd party kexts, just start with the original install and add them as needed.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm essentially trying to do a similar thing to hackintosh4life, except I want my installation to run on both x86 and on a real mac... from a 2gb flashdrive!

I essentially want my applications and files to follow me around to ANY computer. I've installed Mac OS X to the flashdrive and booted from it succesfully (with a 1.3gb footprint), so I went for kalyway's 10.4.10 install DVD, but this requires 3.5 gb base install using the DVD installer.

I had used Pacifist to install the BaseSystem and Essentials packages onto the flashdrive, but the kalyway DVD seems to pretty much just have one package to install the 3gb of files, and I'm at  aloss as to what i should install from there.

So first I need to get osx86 onto a 2gb flashdrive, then I need a way of booting it from both macintosh and a hackintosh. Any ideas?