Adium Problem..

X-Ray Mac

16 posts in this topic

My Adium will not let me log into my MSN account... When I use MSN Messenger for Mac, I can log in just fine, but with Adium it just sits there trying to connect and nothing happens. When I check the connection it says its trying to connect to the server at 50%, but that's all. It usually just stops after that..

My AIM account signs in just fine though for some reason..

I don't want to go back to MSN Messenger for Mac so if anyone knows what's up or what I can try to fix it please let me know. Thanks everyone!

The last time its happened with me was when msn server services are offline for me

both adium or msn messenger app cannot connect to my windows live acc.

Also, the adium could have a little "lag" to connect on server services, try to connect on msn messenger from m$ then try again latter on adium, also try to update to the last svn...the msn here on adium for an unknow reason does had problems on login to my msn acc. Every time I when get connected, it crashes the whole app.

the 1.2.4 last svn solves it for me.

maybe it can solve your connection hangs to msn server services.

I found this post on mymacbuzz. I also didn't try it yet.

Adium users, well maybe only those with MSN account, are having problems connection to MSN after they upgraded to Leopard.

A myMacBUZZ reader, Jinny was kind enough to share a solution to fix this problem.

Go to your terminal, oh by the way did I mention that Leopard Terminal app now have tabs? You can also save the configuration of all your open windows as a window group and be recalled instantly.

Sorry, I just can’t stop talking about Leopard, now back to the Adium fix. Type this in Terminal:-

sudo echo 207.46.96.153 messenger.hotmail.com >> /etc/hosts

(enter your password when asked)

sudo echo 65.54.179.216 nexus.passport.com >> /etc/hosts

sudo echo 65.54.179.203 login.live.com >> /etc/hosts

I don’t use Adium with MSN, as I don’t have an MSN account, so can’t really test this. There is also a bug ticket filed to Adium’s bug tracker if you want to know more.

• 2 months later...

it seams that mac leopard 10.5 has a problame with dns resolution, but by updateing to 10.5.2 that bug was resolved...

but if you dont wana update, theres one other way ...

try to find out your isp dns server, you can find it in your AP or Roter config since that after you connect to the web it's sent from your isp...

suposing that you alredy have it... just open system preferences >> Network >> [Active card] >> Advanced >> Dns ... and add it there ;) problame solved for me ;)

try it and give me some feedback ;)

• 6 months later...
Type this in Terminal:-

sudo echo 207.46.96.153 messenger.hotmail.com >> /etc/hosts

(enter your password when asked)

sudo echo 65.54.179.216 nexus.passport.com >> /etc/hosts

sudo echo 65.54.179.203 login.live.com >> /etc/hosts

this works...

thanx :thumbsup_anim: