Running true EFI in OS X

Slinger2g

7 posts in this topic

The title say's exactly what has to happen in order for a hackintosh to be a true macintosh.

Everything from flashing motherboards, to flashing GPU's on graphic's cards.

I can see where netkas is trying to go, but it will never be 100% until these thing's happen.

Take a look at false claims of "bootcamp" running on a hack..... NEVER!

Not until EFI is flashed onto mobo's.

Give some insight on this topic, because if it is talked about enough, IT WILL HAPPEN...

I don't want to take the spotlight off of any of the OS X god's. They are doing what they can.

But there is a better way.

Let's talk about it, I can assure you it will happen.

~Sling

The title say's exactly what has to happen in order for a hackintosh to be a true macintosh.Everything from flashing motherboards, to flashing GPU's on graphic's cards.I can see where netkas is trying to go, but it will never be 100% until these thing's happen.Take a look at false claims of "bootcamp" running on a hack..... NEVER!Not until EFI is flashed onto mobo's.Give some insight on this topic, because if it is talked about enough, IT WILL HAPPEN...I don't want to take the spotlight off of any of the OS X god's. They are doing what they can.But there is a better way.Let's talk about it, I can assure you it will happen.~Sling
i agree and i hope it happens soon :(

Such a request is simply unreasonable. Trying to remove BIOS will simply kill your motherboard permenately. Its not going to happen.

The basic law here is if you want a 100% working OSX install, put up the money and buy a real mac. In fact, many people here own macs. I plan to later this year. Otherwise it will never be perfect.

Random thoughts on the thread thus far:

I'm interested in OSX86 as a hobby... Not necessarily to save money. I could buy a Mac if I wanted to. I've owned several since the G3 era. So far this has been a lot more fun.

Unless anyone in this discussion is a developer, or can otherwise provide some insight on HOW it can be done, wishing for features won't really get us anywhere. Of course it would be nice. Of course everyone wants it. It's kind like saying "post here if you would like a lifetime supply of burritos!" - Who in their right mind would say no?

I have a couple Intel Mac computer's, and a couple PPC Mac computer's.

I do alot of work on them for the hackintosh development project.

That being said, I know how they work and I am very acquainted with the Mac platform, as Intel and PPC based.

It isn't neccessarily true stating that if you flash a mobo with EFI, that would be "killing" the motherboard.

EFI is just a different way of initializing all the function's and hardware support for a "specific" motherboard and hardware.

If you know how EFI and BIOS work's then you wouldn't make that statement.

The only difference between an EFI chip versus a BIOS chip is the KB Flash Memory size.

EFI can be 64kbs as BIOS can be 128kbs.

It's a difference of size, as in memory.

If you can produce an EFI memory flash for say, a hardware specific configuration, you could make a standard motherboard EFI capable. Intel being the primary manufacture of EFI embedded chipset's, like the 945G.

I'd like to know how people are flashing GPU chip's on graphic's card's with great success, and compatibility.

Do your research before posting a reply that can easily be talked down.

It's a reply like that, that make's people shy away and think differently.

It can be done, and when it is accomplished, you will be one of those people congratulating other's on how well of a job they have done in this community.

Here are link's to a guy flashing GPU's.

http://www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/nv...6800gtonam.html

http://www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/ma...0xtaqua-ma.html

My reguards to you Yuusharo,

~Sling