Gene Marketing

djet

41 posts in this topic

Most people probably havn't heard of this, but it's something that caught my eye and caused me to go "WTF?"

Yes genes in your DNA are not yours. They are "owned" by companies, universities and are able to be patented.

I know I've presented a bias in the question because I am personally against, but try to ignore that.

Its true, its not that they own the genes, they own the rights to exclusively mess with the genes in the future (drugs, treatments, etc.)

In any case though, I believe it is still {censored}ed up, and stifles progress toward fixing real problems with medicine and genetics.

Read Michael Crichton's newest novel, "NEXT." Or at least Google it.

I must do that! I'm afraid a talking ape named Dave, dressed as a boy, will come and throw feces at me. Hehe, that's where I got it, but I know that some people can have a auto-bias against MC.

Most people probably havn't heard of this, but it's something that caught my eye and caused me to go "WTF?"

Yes genes in your DNA are not yours. They are "owned" by companies, universities and are able to be patented.

I know I've presented a bias in the question because I am personally against, but try to ignore that.

Endgame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement.

Google it.

YOU FOUND IT!

Bush is the awful person because of this and when he thinks back he says I wanna screw up everyones' lives for kicks and giggles and that's the only reason I became president!

He is one Evil son of a {censored}.
I hear he owns the devils soul :D
Bush is the awful person because of this and when he thinks back he says I wanna screw up everyones' lives for kicks and giggles and that's the only reason I became president!
Kicks and giggles? More like money and corruption. Cheney has been corrupt since a teenager. A Canadian news agency did a bio on him a year or so ago and it was a real eye opener :unsure:
Me too. They fund it. Its in the post from earlier.
Thanks for the link :P Will look at it in a little bit.

I hear he owns the devils soul :D Kicks and giggles? More like money and corruption. Cheney has been corrupt since a teenager. A Canadian news agency did a bio on him a year or so ago and it was a real eye opener :unsure: Thanks for the link :P Will look at it in a little bit.

I urge everyone here too. It is VERY informative.

Most people are corrupt..... not sure why we go OMFG he didn't tip 10%!!!!

Sure there are different extents to it but are you saying that you have lived the perfect life as a model citizen?

Me too. They fund it. Its in the post from earlier.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1070329053600562261

Your logic about funding is very interesting...

Quite probably wrong too.

Just because a huge university or body has funding from one person who you consider to be wrong, it doesn't mean the scientific body is wrong, or the people that fund them and their reasons.

I get £10 a week from the council to help me with my education, but that doesn't mean I am biased to support them (Moray Council: worst council in the UK, SNP run...)

Just because some bank that *you* consider to be evil funds so university, doesn't mean that the science being made by grad students or others is adhering to the 'evil plan' of the funding organisation.

You're just blowing things completely out of perspective!