For those who have working sleep

verendus

5 posts in this topic

My sleep works fine if I use the keyboard to put the computer to sleep. But, my hackintosh will not go to sleep on its own even thought I have set the sleep timer in Energy Saver preference pane. For those who have their sleep function working, does your hackintosh go to sleep on its own? I've disabled time machine, and it still doesn't fall asleep.

Interestingly, it will go to sleep on its own right after reboot, but once the computer awakes from its first S3 sleep mode, it will stay on no matter what the timer is set to in Energy Saver.

Love to hear some feedback on this.

same here, but its gold worth even to put system manually to sleep.

i think its a kernel thing, with 9.2.0 it doesnt work, 9.1.0 did fall asleep automatically.

other voices say that osx doesnt like acpi tables from bios, means a bios modification some people tried here, more for enabling more than 2 cores.

Thanks, everyone. I will have to try a different kernel. I think it was working well until I upgraded to 10.5.2. Or it must be some applications that I installed. I will try to disable one at a time and see if I can get the computer to go to sleep "when it gets lonely". :-)

Let me know if anyone else has any input.