Fixing the Bugs in Leopard osx86

Rob G

28 posts in this topic

Well Heres The First Problem, I have an XPS 410 and some times when i go to shut down every thing powers down but the green Light Behind The Power Button is still on and if you push it nothing happens. I have no clue how to fix it or what can be causing it. It goes away on its own sometimes for awhile but it comes back.

you mean your PC will go to sleep not shutdown completely! I have the same problem I never had problrm to restart or shutdown my Leopard! BUT now I have to hold the power button for 5 sic to shutdown the computer completely.

My machine does COMPLETELY shutdown!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mvlwwyndwnd (video of it actually shutting down) WITH Vanilla kernel!!

But as We don't have the same machines, maybe that's why yours doesn't!

Maybe your according to your SIG, your'e lying, or your NIC is keeping it from shutting down!!

Rob's SIG:

"SYSTEM SPECS

Dell XPS 410

OS X 10.5.2 With Apples Kernel

Windows Vista Ultimate

Great XPS 410 osx86 Resource Thread

2.2 Ghz Intel™ Core 2™ Duo

ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (512mb)

1 TB HD Space (2 x500)

Blu-Ray -R RW DL

DL Super Drive

2 GIGS Ram

Netkas PC EFI V8

Mostly Vanilla Kext

NIC Intel 82566 Finally Works

Sound works Great With AppleHDApacher v16 and Dump

Sleep Works

Shut Down Works"

SticMAN

I just tried the kernel. Still A no go evert shuts down but the green power button light stays on. It shut down completely till i upgraded to 10.5.2 then this started happening.

I just tried the kernel. Still A no go evert shuts down but the green power button light stays on. It shut down completely till i upgraded to 10.5.2 then this started happening.

I beleive you are right! I did not have this problem until I update my Leopard from Apple!

ka911 do you ever get a kernel panic on shut down?

No just black screen! but I did install Leopard again and now I can reboot and restart with out problem! thats mean there is something has been changed in mach_kernel when I did software update from Apple. I wish to know so I will stop it from installing in my Leo.

i read somewhere that the taruga hda patcher can screw with shutdown.

you mean internally? I mean the patch in the DVD or manually install? because I did not install any patch with this relapse

Kalyway with EFI/MBR/Vanilla won't shutdown if you use the Taruga patch (which is to say in this case for the ALC628) and AppleHDA.kext and 10.5.2 update.

However, iATKOS (EFI/MBR/Vanilla) will! It worked for me.

Or did, up until the moment I installed the Leopard Graphics Update. I know the update is supposed to improve performance but, frankly, a laptop that shuts down properly and doesn't fry in your daypack because you didn't realize it hadn't fully shutdown... might be way, way, way more important.

• 3 weeks later...
I am Using ToH and it worked fine till that 10.5.2 update
I think I'm going to go back to iATKOS 10.5.1, at least in the meantime, and not update. I find that frustrating, though, because the 10.5.2 update and the Leopard Graphics update speed things up a lot. But is there a speedstep kernel of that age that will work and powermanagement?