Leopard Install hangs

s!gnz

22 posts in this topic

Hi all, I created a Fat32 partition to install Leopard on, I also got XP on the first partition, and vista on the third (Leopard would be the 2e partition).

First I got the Toh version of leopard, and it gives me the common error

'still waiting for root device'

tried alot of methors like:

platform=x86PC -v

-x -v

rd= disk0s* -v (* is partition)

platform=ACPI -v

Configured SATA as IDE 'enhanced' instead of 'compatible'

All of those did not work, so I asked my teacher at school, and he said I'd better get the Kalyway edition, so I did, and burned. And when I start-up everything goes right, it loads the files. But then I get the load screen, the Apple logo with the gray background, and the spinning loading thingy, it keeps that way for 5 min, and then I get an error in the apple logo, what to do next? I'm stuck.

image:

SPM_A0149.jpg

thanks for your help :P

isnt that the "still wating on root device screen" yeah -v with a ss of the outcome be best

No I thought it isn't, but I thought if I'd run the installation with the command -v, it'll get the checks and it will say it's waiting for root device.

And how do I disable multi-core? Is this a common problem with the installation? Because the loading of the ?installation? hangs?

thanks for your help.

Did you try and boot the machine with only one HDD? At least the one you want to install Leo on?

Did you try disableing all hardware you don't use at startup?

Please don't be impatient when you want an answer. We all want answers :D

Did you try and boot the machine with only one HDD? At least the one you want to install Leo on?

- Yes

Did you try disableing all hardware you don't use at startup?

- What do you want me to disable?

I had the same Problem , after installing Chipset Drivers and right bootloader it works ;)

How can I install chipset drivers and the right bootloader when I can't even get into the installation? And I got the latest installed on XP and Vista, but just don't know how to do that with an O/S that isn't even installed.

add your signature so we can help you

I did.

Well, I've had my computer come along to school.

My teacher (got knowledge about this), said it's handy to make a partition for Mac first, so I now know how to do that, I do that in Ubuntu in the terminal. Now he watched the screen, and said that Leopard doesn't understand my HDD's controller(s), so I downloaded a new AppleVIAATA.kext, and I'm going to burn it, only one little question

Can you use macdrive to see the mac files from an .iso, then mount the iso, copy all the files to a folder, then replace the old .kext directory with the new .kext directory and then make an .iso from it and burn it again?

thanks

oh, thanks, but can you tell me how do I edit the .nrg or what format it is, if I extract it with MacDrive (just copy from the mounted DVD), and then turn in into an .iso with the new kext it won't boot?

thanks for your help