Just to test if it is a fake I mounted on vmware/pearpc

macgirl

30 posts in this topic

if you use a powermac to install tiger on an external disc, isn't it going to be for the PPC architecture making it irrelevant to a pc? or I am probably misunderstanding something here.

These seem to be installations with "universal" elements, both PPC and x86 are being supported to some extent (even when there appears to be no point).

Me too.

I am creating an image of the installed Tiger external disk. Then I'll format/partition it with Darwin CD on the PC, then restore the image wit my PowerBook and see what happens.

everyone want's to scream fake. I have some screenies to prove it got into the installer from the Xiso disc i downloaded. I will post them before 9pm pst time (after office hours). I can't get the installer to go any farther. It hangs after i click "Agree" to terms before installation.

That's really funny, seeing as the bootimage of the XiSO disc is hardcoded to say EXACTLY what it says. It is not booting anything - just displaying text, which is ripped from PearPC, including the famous "SPIRO MULTIMAX 3000." Take your XiSO image, and put it on the shelf with your snake oils and other quakeries.

Ya its acually a emulated floppy bootimage.