Sleep well :O)

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Could you please tell me what is the best motherboard which 100% sleeps under Kalyway 10.5.2-graphic update-vanilla etc?

Currently I have Conroe 9345DVI+E6600, it works OK so far but always had bad sleeping no matter what I tried to do or change, i mean BIOS settings, kernels etc.

I'm thinking of replacing it with something newer. I think GA EP35-DS4 would do the trick but I've no idea whether this board sleeps or not.

That's very important for me!!! Don't know why. Maybe it makes Hackintosh looking more like real Mac. ;)) What ever. You've got the point.

Thanx in advance.

The GA-P35-DS4 should do well ... can't speak for the EP35 variant.

However ... my configuration goes to sleep perfectly but when I try to wake it it will constantly power up and down every 5 seconds. I have to switch it off completely for 5-10secs to get it to boot again.

Any ideas on that? Might be the gfx-card but I don't have a clue.

Hi guys,

Could you please tell me what is the best motherboard which 100% sleeps under Kalyway 10.5.2-graphic update-vanilla etc?

Currently I have Conroe 9345DVI+E6600, it works OK so far but always had bad sleeping no matter what I tried to do or change, i mean BIOS settings, kernels etc.

I'm thinking of replacing it with something newer. I think GA EP35-DS4 would do the trick but I've no idea whether this board sleeps or not.

That's very important for me!!! Don't know why. Maybe it makes Hackintosh looking more like real Mac. :() What ever. You've got the point.

Thanx in advance.

My Badaxe 2 now sleeps/wakes PERFECTLY with Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.2 update! I had been trying in vain to get my S3 sleep to work, but the system would NEVER wake up! With a clean install of Kalyway, S3 now works - I have a MSI Nvidia 7600GS PCI-X card and a Saffire Firewire audio card and everything works GREAT!

Hope this helps!