7600 GS 512 AGP

.aero

8 posts in this topic

The two remaining problems left in my OSX installation is the graphics card and the wireless network card.

So, has anyone successfully installed a 7600 GS 512 (AGP) on Leopard?

Did you have to flash the graphics or are there other safer methods to do?

If I have to resort to flashing the card, are there any performance hits when working with vista/xp, or any effects at all that I should be worried about?

How easy is it to flash back to normal if I mess anything up?

• 2 years later...

SnowLeo working. I thought I'd share my working 10.6.2 Installation

My Hardware: Asus p4p800SE BFG 7600GS 512mB AGP, 250 GB Maxtor IDE MBR partition dualboot XP/Snow

What I used to get it working:

-mach_kernel.432

-Chameleon 640 'boot0' and 'boot1h' files

-Chameleon 684 'boot' file

these kexts: Please note that the following kexts must be installed in S/L/E-- I could not get them to work in /Extra/Extensions

-ATY_init.kext

-GeForce.kext, GeForce7xxxGLDriver.bundle, GeForceGA.plugin, GeForceVADriver.bundle, NVDANV40Hal.kext,

NVDAResman.kext, NVSMU.kext.....all patched to work with this card and snow leo kernel.

-skge.kext for the built in ethernet

How to get it working:

Install Snow Leo with the required kexts to boot

Install Chameleon manually as per /doc/README in Chameleon...remember 'boot0' and 'boot1h' from 640 and 'boot' file from 684, any other combinations gave me KP or BSOD

Install all the above mentioned kexts to S/L/E... I used Terminal sudo -s to load it

Edit com.apple.Boot.plist and added GraphicsEnabler No....I could not get it to boot without it

Fix permissions using Disk Utility

Reboot -v -f -s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

kextcache -v 1 -t -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

exit

Reboot -v -f and crossss fingers

Warning:

TV out does not work

You can only connect one monitor at boot either DVI or VGA or DVI with VGA Dongle

Two monitors at boot = BSOD... You can only connect the 2nd monitor after logon...preferences-display-detect display==== dual-monitor with rotation support

DO NOT UPDATE TO 10.6.3 ---No Front Row(QE/CI)

Proof it's working:

I used it to add this post

My problem:

How to upload the kexts files it's 8.7MB zip Max single upload file is only 2MB.

Moderators please instruct.

• 2 weeks later...

ted1,

Upload it to rapidshare.com

I have a 7600 GS 512MB AGP. I patched my kexts however QE/CI isn't working. When I try to boot I get the flashing blue screen, so I must use safe mode, and it works fine with safe mode, gets the right resolution too... this is with nvinject

• 4 weeks later...