Modified BIOS to get all cores working

Kabyl

1,884 posts in this topic

Well,

I'm really unable to answer that, as I don't know what you're going to install.

Though, typically it should be able to boot.

Another question. I'm really newbie in this...how can I read how to use the file you linked to me?

For a normal BIOS update I use a floppy and then, generally, on the prompt command I type "FLASH" or something like this (it could be also ASRFLASH...) and then the update starts. What is the procedure that I've to follow?

Thanks a lot again,

Maurizio

Another question. I'm really newbie in this...how can I read how to use the file you linked to me?

For a normal BIOS update I use a floppy and then, generally, on the prompt command I type "FLASH" or something like this (it could be also ASRFLASH...) and then the update starts. What is the procedure that I've to follow?

Thanks a lot again,

Maurizio

[EDIT]: ok, maybe I'm not so stupid as I think...I've only to replace the .rom file and use an update utility, right?

:(

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking?

read the .zip or how to flash?

After un-zip, you will have a .rom image.

Go to ASRock, and download there Flash utility, either for windows or Dos.

Yes, I've understood. My brain is so slow this evening...Thanks again for everything

Regards,

Maurizio

Hi Macnut, or Kabyl (whoever is gonna tackle this...)

I've been trying to get Osx on PC for a while now, but nothing I do works!

Sometimes I get the "Still waiting for root device" and other times I get that buffer error...

So here are my specs:

CPU - Intel Pentium 4 Northwood (2.4ghz)

Graphics Card - ATI Radeon 9550

Motherboard - ASUS P4S533VX

Chipset - SiS 651

Southbridge - SiS 962

BIOS - Award

Thanks!!

And here's the link to my BIOs:

AW_A10010801JD.EXE

hi Kabyl

I'm new here ,when i tried to install Kalyway 10.5.2 intel/AMD , i got an error before i could even see the install screen:(

After doing some seachering job ,i found out that it was the bios that led to the error

Oh ,almost forgotten, my laptop is ASUS A8JR, the BIOS I found in a front page is not the right edition ,

Here's the link of official BIOS of A8JR http://dlsvr04.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/A8Jr/A8Jr210AS.zip

Thanks ! I'm waiting for you mod

That'll be really appreciated :D

OriginalMACNUT,

Awesome thanks..... but I am getting an error when I run the installer:

Proper command line parameters were not passed.

No action taken.

What I did was use winrar to extract the sp37579.exe bios update and manually ran the Installer.exe with the new modified BUR5.18. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again

OriginalMACNUT

I updated the BIOS that you've offered ,but there still exist the problem .Howerver ,the error code had changed .

Here's the code:

BSD root :disk 12s,major 14, minor 8

SAM Multimedia: READ or WRITE failed,SENSE_KEY:0X03,ASC=0X02,ASCQ=0X00【repeat about 4 times】

Thanks a lot anyway ;) and waiting for your new mod

About My laptop:

intel core duo t2350

i945PM chipset

1g ddr2 667 X2

120g SATA hard disk

best wishes!

Hi macmut

could you please modify bios for Fujtsu Siemens Amilo PI1505

My PC spec.:

Motherboard: Fujtsu Siemens

Chipset: Northbridge: Intel® i945GM

Southbridge: Intel® ICH7-M/U 82801GHM

CPU: Intel Core2duo T5500, 2x1,66GHz

VGA: ATI 2600 XT,256 Mb

RAM:2x1024 Mb,OCZ,DDR2 PC2-5300

Bios 1.14C (Phonix)

BIOS (win):http://support.fujitsu-siemens.de/de/support/downloads.html

Thanks.

Sorry, but you link it to the download page? ;)

Thanks for Posting that, I'll look into it. :P;)

Guys,

I'm trying something new with the openDSDT.kext, but I'm stuck as how to inject the resulting hex into the config entries in the DSDT.plist?

Do I just open with hex then add the Hex code after the string value? any help would be great on this.

I think I just inject it at the start of the DSDT in the .plist, Does anyone that I couldn't mod there .rom file want to give this a try?

has this been answered yet?

a wild guess, and want to stress that i don't really know what i am talking about:

i'd say it goes <data>here</data>

i haven't yet tried though. anyway, what do they mean when they say convert back to hex? how do you do that? :) as i said, i don't really know what i'm talking about.

Sam Multimedia Error is to due with drivers, is your Laptop using a Sata DVD Rom?

ATAPI DVD ROM

qfei: you can try to install from a usb pen drive..

ask me if you want to say how to..

but you must have got a pen drive with a big capacity (more than 4,7gb, so 8gb!)

I have no pen drive ;) ,and I prefer to intalling leo in my laptop hard disk

thanks for your concern ;)

Enable XD, HPET and disable everything else.

Might have to go into my bios to make sure I listed that correct.

anyway you can link the bios from there website? it's a .bin file and I corrupt it every time I change it to .rom for editing.

Still nothing. Only Apple logo (tried cpus=1, -v, -x and other switches).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi there,

I would like to get a modded version of the current hp nw9440 BIOS, which can be found inside the sp40189.exe self-extracting archive, which contains a ROM.CAB file with the BIOS file in turn:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechS...Item=ob-63521-1

Thanks a lot,

Chris

hello , i have got a laptop msi ex600 ( i can boot it with cpus=1 with kalyway 10.5.1) , t7300 , 2 gb transcend@667 , 160 gb western digital, msi motherboard. Can you modify a bios for me?? . Sorry for my english , is very bad , i think. ;) . The latest bios of my laptop is here http://download1.msi.com.tw/files/download...xe/1636_709.zip . very thanks....

Hello,

Can you fix my Bios please ? :) My problem is when i don't write cpus=1 in boot options it reboots at launch :)

My specs are here and bios here

(P8400, 9600M GT, 4Go DDR2 800, 320GB)

Another question : After the flash, i'll need to re-install vista ? Did vista will reconize the two cores after that ?

I'm trying something new with the openDSDT.kext, but I'm stuck as how to inject the resulting hex into the config entries in the DSDT.plist?

OpenDSDT.kext seems to be the easy way to solve all these BIOS modding.

I've not a big experience about it, but I saw other references about how to inject code for audio codecs and NVidia graphic cards.

Hope you'll be able to find a solution....

Max

Original Macnut very thanks for all . i have got a big problem . i unknow how to update my bios , because i have found a program that request me a file with *.rom .

the file that msi take me its .709 , Can you tell me how to update bios please? ..... Sorry for my english,,,,