Abit IP35 ALC888 - No Luck

svfusion

9 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I also used the plain alc888 file, nothing else at the end.... however, what I don't get Is that the alc888 isn't an ac97 codec, it's an azalia codec... basically, whats native to osx, very odd.

Even more annoying is that once you've installed the al888 it doesn't appear as built in sound in about this mac. I'm assuming if you can get it set up as an azalia, it should show up there.

I'll be doing a rebuild this week, see if I have any sucess getting it to appear like it should.

But that asides, it does work with the plain al888 text file, I've only tested it in stereo, as thats pretty much all I need in osx, I use vista for HD video and directx10 gaming, so it'll do for the 5.1 for now.

I'd just like to add that I'm having the same problem as well with the IP35 Pro Board. I've created a dump image from an ubuntu install (and also verified that the sound works). However, when I open up Taruga's AppleHDApatcher (tested versions 1.20, 1.19, and 1.18) it doesn't do/say anything when I drop the dump into the file icon. I've also tried the standard alc888 dump.

I have this problem regardless of whether I install via Kalway 10.5.1, leopard retail updated to 10.5.2 or leopard retail server updated to 10.5.2.

My intuition seems to tell me that leopard doesn't see the card at all. That could explain why the Patcher does nothing at all. Then again, I no longer have any clue. If someone could help, it'd be much appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Hello dear friend,

I too have ip35e and since past 3 months cannot for the life of me figure out my problem. Everything works great (vanilla) but the damn thing sometimes plain sits at the grey apple screen. Verbose output shows system stuck at ACPI system state S0......etc., So i press reset switch and then maybe it boots. Are you having similar problem? Tried maybe 60 to 80 times install, format, Bios change for all 14, 15, 16, and 17. Any ideas?

• 5 months later...

As a noob to this stuff I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on IP35 pro and audio, ethernet working straight up (vanilla kernel). Graphics with NVkush. Then I thought It'd be great to get a true vanilla setup going with boot-132, but can't get audio working no matter what. I've tried to use kexts from the kalyway install, but no avail. Even tried to use osx86 tools, also no go. Obviously the sound can be made to work, but I am too new at this to figure it out yet. Any thoughts?

As a noob to this stuff I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on IP35 pro and audio, ethernet working straight up (vanilla kernel). Graphics with NVkush. Then I thought It'd be great to get a true vanilla setup going with boot-132, but can't get audio working no matter what. I've tried to use kexts from the kalyway install, but no avail. Even tried to use osx86 tools, also no go. Obviously the sound can be made to work, but I am too new at this to figure it out yet. Any thoughts?

Search the forum. There is a simple patch you can make with the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to get sound for your IP35-Pro.

I cant remember where in the forum I found it, but all works well for me.

• 4 months later...
Search the forum. There is a simple patch you can make with the AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to get sound for your IP35-Pro.

I cant remember where in the forum I found it, but all works well for me.

I believe I know what you are talking about. Check here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69471

Scroll down to where it says "AUDIO WORKING:"

EDIT: I just tried this on my boot 132 vanilla retail install and the sound is still not working at all. I am at a loss of what to do, guess its time to keep searching :censored2: