bose companion 3 dead after 30 seconds of use?

Soündless

7 posts in this topic

Well, go through all the basic steps:

1) Make sure power is working in your house

2) Make sure that the power bar (if you are using one) is working, plugged in, and turned on

3) Make sure that your power bar or outlet isn't dead

4) Make sure that the speakers are plugged in, all correct plugs and that they are plugged in properly into the speaker jacks

5) Make sure configuration is right in OS X

Do all those make sures and if nothing works, just return it...

I know its n00b stuff but you'd be surprised how many people make mistakes like that

• 1 month later...

I have an interesting story...I was using an really cheap Chinese 2.1 speaker system (it says the brand is "Parrot" but there is no reference anywhere on the net to this specific model). Anyway, it was a standard 2.1, you know, 2 speakers and a subwoofer. Anyway, the subwoofer blew so there was no bass. I got a nice black Logitech X-240 2.1 system with steel speaker grilles :) I plugged it in and my Realtek audio manager pops up saying that something has been connected and to select the port, I chose Rear Out, no sound. Tried everything, unplugging and checking cables.

Then I tried plugging it into the front audio port and voila it worked. The front port was inconvenient, so I plugged it into the rear and when it asked me to choose where I had plugged it in, I chose the Front Out, and voila it works. A stroke of genius :D