Which Soundcard?

Redalert

10 posts in this topic

hi

are any of these cards compatible with leopard-hackintosh natively or with patch/third party drivers

Creative Audigy 2 Value

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer

Auzen X-Plosion 7.1

HT Omega STRIKER 7.1

Creative Audigy Value

M Audio Revolution 5.1

Creative Live! 24-bit (last option)

if none of them are supported are there at least any ongoing driver development in progress to be released soon so that i could settle for the one that is expected to support. i would be buying this in couple of days so plz help. ideally iam looking at creative products.

i did refer to wiki leopard hcl but they r'll mostly onboard or external USB devices something i wud never buy. iam currently using onboard realtek ALC883 with leopard & vista, i use leopard mostly for entertainment (music & videos) & if none of the above are supported or expected to support i'll settle with Creative Audigy 2 Value & i can nolonger use leopard for its intended purpose :)

hi

are any of these cards compatible with leopard-hackintosh natively or with patch/third party drivers

Creative Audigy 2 Value

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer

Auzen X-Plosion 7.1

HT Omega STRIKER 7.1

Creative Audigy Value

M Audio Revolution 5.1

Creative Live! 24-bit (last option)

if none of them are supported are there at least any ongoing driver development in progress to be released soon so that i could settle for the one that is expected to support. i would be buying this in couple of days so plz help. ideally iam looking at creative products.

i did refer to wiki leopard hcl but they r'll mostly onboard or external USB devices something i wud never buy. iam currently using onboard realtek ALC883 with leopard & vista, i use leopard mostly for entertainment (music & videos) & if none of the above are supported or expected to support i'll settle with Creative Audigy 2 Value & i can nolonger use leopard for its intended purpose :(

The M-Audio 5.1 has Tiger drivers that may work on Leopard but if you want something that will work without problems and already have one of the Audigy cards with a firewire port on it then buy a Griffin FireWave 5.1 external firewire device. It works great other than an annoying bug where it seems you have to re-enable the Dolby Prologic in its settings after every reboot/shutdown to get the 5.1 sound out of it I paid $49.99 for mine on Ebay from Carmel Station with damn fast shipping at a resonable price.

last time m-audio updated their drivers was like 2005. Good luck with m-audio 5.1 cards on leopard.

How is the creative 24bit external? is there a control panel of sorts to control sound level? THX? or is it just detected normally

last time m-audio updated their drivers was like 2005. Good luck with m-audio 5.1 cards on leopard.

How is the creative 24bit external? is there a control panel of sorts to control sound level? THX? or is it just detected normally

not really sure if m-audio would work? it's specifically mentioned support up to 10.3.8 only

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Revolution51-main.html

i dont prefer external, so now wt are my options :rolleyes: too bad none hav cum up with creative auidgy driver its such a popular card.

It's just detected normally. The level controls on the box itself don't work, but the input and output software controls in Leopard work fine. I don't use any of the analog stuff, though. I'm using it mainly as a digital output to my a/v reciever.

The drivers for the Firewire 410 are quite up to date, and from what I've read they work fine in Leopard. There is a possible issue with built-in Firewire on some mobos, but I already use a supported PCI Firewire card that is known to work with both the 410 and leopard. The card is a ADS Tech Pyro 64R2 in case anybody is interested.

It's just detected normally. The level controls on the box itself don't work, but the input and output software controls in Leopard work fine. I don't use any of the analog stuff, though. I'm using it mainly as a digital output to my a/v reciever.

The drivers for the Firewire 410 are quite up to date, and from what I've read they work fine in Leopard. There is a possible issue with built-in Firewire on some mobos, but I already use a supported PCI Firewire card that is known to work with both the 410 and leopard. The card is a ADS Tech Pyro 64R2 in case anybody is interested.

Can you tell me what the reported built in firewire issue is, because i've been having random freeze ups with my Mackie Onyx mixer firewire sound card going into the firewire port on an Nforce 680i Chipset. So i may have to get your ADS Tech Pyro 64R2 if it works with my chipset with hackkyt0sh... I did initially try my Echo Layla PCI sound card which is far far superior to the Onyx firewire card, but it just wasnt recognized even after installing the legit osx drivers...

Thanks!

Can you tell me what the reported built in firewire issue is, because i've been having random freeze ups with my Mackie Onyx mixer firewire sound card going into the firewire port on an Nforce 680i Chipset. So i may have to get your ADS Tech Pyro 64R2 if it works with my chipset with hackkyt0sh... I did initially try my Echo Layla PCI sound card which is far far superior to the Onyx firewire card, but it just wasnt recognized even after installing the legit osx drivers...

Thanks!

Random lockups, audio drop outs, noise. IIRC, the issues are with some Ti chips, and all Lucent chips. My mobo's built-in is a Agere FW322 chip. It works fine on my hacky natively with external drives and networking, and may work fine with the FW410, but I ordered the ADS card as back up. If I don't need it I'll just send it back.

Btw, I'll try to find the discussion thread on these issues. I believe it was here, but I forgot to bookmark it like I forget to bookmark everything. :censored2:

Thanx for yur help Vapo... I just bought the ADS Tech Pyro 64R2... got my fingers crossed i'tll be recognized with my 680i LT board and that i'll be able to use my firewire sound card with both cores without freezing... it really is a long shot, but i really wanna stick with my board seeing that it does SLI and whatnot...