Kalyway waiting for root device

alex09

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I am new. And I just got the Kalyway Mac OS X 10.5.1 DVD but I have some questions. When I downloaded the file. There are two folders in the .Zip. Kalyway Mac OS X 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3, and 2nd folder is Mac OS X 10.5.1. They both have .iso files. In the Kalyway Mac OS x folder the .iso file is 4GB I think. BUT! in the Mac folder iit's like 160KB! And when i try to open and burn the 160KB wont let me..First question is when i plug the DVD inside the PC. I press F8. And then I able to enter some codes in there but I dont know what kinds. Second question is.I burned Kalywayon a DVD.. Plugged it on my computer and then it loaded. It said Press F8 for Boot Management or something. I did that and then I entered -v. After that it says. Waiting for root device. And I don't know what to do please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My PC Specs.Toshiba Satellite Intel Celeron Proccesor1.50GHz56GB446MB RamBUMPING MY TOPIC!!

why cant u tell me. i searched for hours i woke up at 6am please just tell me

yo alex09, we cannot help you if you won't help us.

I want to help, but how would I do that if I don't know what type of DVD drive you are using? Is it IDE/PATA or SATA?

Let us know this and we could start from there.

It's a two-way process. Believe me. Help us and we'd help you.

tschuss!

nah dont help. I looked at that my friend gave me the link. but doesnt work.

anything else.

EDIT: I just asked my friend if he can help me he said no. But he knows everything bout computers and things like that.

Anything else?

I am still looking cant find nothing.

alex09 there is no point of helping people if they can't help them selves in any way.... if you'd searched the forum you would have found some solutions or if you used google/wikipedia you would know now what SATA is..this being said, without knowing your motherboard etc i can only tell the possible causes

1. your chipset is not supported

2. you hard drives are poorly configured(jumper settings etc)

3. unknown cause

What kind of cable does your DVD drive use and what does it plug into on the mainboard(motherboard) is it a SATA or IDE connection?

What size is the connecting cable? Is it a wide flat ribbon cable(IDE) or a cable that more closely resembles a flat noodle(SATA)?

Wayne

I have the same problem!

I'm using an IDE hard drive with an sata converter, because my mother board only supports sata.

My dvd drive is IDE

Are there any bios settings I should be aware of?

SPECS

core 2 duo e6300gb

intel dg965wh mobo

ddr2 ram at 667

ati radeon x1600 pci-e

60gb hard drive

• 5 months later...

I have same problem with my compaq

Compaq V5000

AMD Sempron 2.0GHZ 3300+

ATI Radeon 200M

1GB Memory Kingston 667MHZ

100GB Hitachi HD (XP Pro,Vista Home Prem) XP 60GB Vista 40GB

DVD -R, -RW

DVD-Write -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Broadcom 802.11G Wirless

Right Now Kalway is fully working on my compaq C762NR

Intel X3100 341MB

4GB Kingston Memory 1066MHZ

DVD -RW -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW

CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

300GB HD (Vista 134GB, Recovery RP 14GB, Mac OS X 10.5.4 "Kalway" 153GB

Intel Quad Core 3.1GHZ i configured it wasn't standard origanal Intel Pentium Dual Core

Bluetooth < Didn't Work Wifi < Didn't Work Headphone Jack Didnt work.

• 3 weeks later...

well first of all if you dont know if you have a SATA drive or an IDE then you probly shouldnt be trying to install kalyway. anyways i also got the error: firewire-unable to determine security mode: defaulting to full secure. to resolve this issue go into your bios and disable your firewire port (IEEE 1394)