Gigabyte-P35-D3S[X] (P,R,L? )

exway

9 posts in this topic

I'm still looking for perfect motherboard for e8400, After reading this forum i see the choice is beetwen Asus P5W, Intel BA2 and Gigabyte-P35-D3SP which only support 45nm. But I notice some users have random kernal panics and other problems. Its hardware problem or not so good install process ? User "mtotho" with P5W DH Deluxe and Q6600 seems to runs it really perfectly, maybe i should forget about 45nm for now ? :(

I'm still looking for perfect motherboard for e8400, After reading this forum i see the choice is beetwen Asus P5W, Intel BA2 and Gigabyte-P35-D3SP which only support 45nm. But I notice some users have random kernal panics and other problems. Its hardware problem or not so good install process ? User "mtotho" with P5W DH Deluxe and Q6600 seems to runs it really perfectly, maybe i should forget about 45nm for now ? :unsure:

Probably waiting is the best idea let all the fools pay the high prices then in a couple of months when the prices have come down a bit pick one up cheap that is what I am doing, always do it really its the only sane way to upgrade without costing a fortune. As a side note if your interested Gigabyte boards then it looks like Gigabyte has upgraded the BIOS's on most of the 965P series to support 45nm CPU as well.

thanks for quoting me. I think the new bios update for the P5W DH does support new 45nm, atleast the new core 2 duo. I can only vouch for the DS3L on the gigabyte side.. it was extremely easy to install.. but like most motherboards, there are kernel panics with 4gbs of ram without ACHI enabled.. well ok lets enable AHCI. With ahci enabled, it makes it so only 2 of the 4 sata ports are detected in leopard. the P5w DH has AHCI enabled.. i am using 4 of the 6 ports (i believe the last 2 work.. if they didnt, it is not because of ahci).

thanks for quoting me. I think the new bios update for the P5W DH does support new 45nm, atleast the new core 2 duo. I can only vouch for the DS3L on the gigabyte side.. it was extremely easy to install.. but like most motherboards, there are kernel panics with 4gbs of ram without ACHI enabled.. well ok lets enable AHCI. With ahci enabled, it makes it so only 2 of the 4 sata ports are detected in leopard. the P5w DH has AHCI enabled.. i am using 4 of the 6 ports (i believe the last 2 work.. if they didnt, it is not because of ahci).

Wait...the DS3L kernel panics if you've got 4+ GB of RAM and ACHI disabled? So you can have 4GB of RAM *or* 4 SATA ports?? Well {censored}...it's at the top of my shopping list right now. I suppose the P5W Deluxe would be better then...

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else have the DS3L with 4GB or more that can chime in about kernel panics and AHCI?

I'm reviving a dead topic, I know, but I have the DS3L and I'm having trouble with AHCI in my Kalyway install. I ran into this thread looking for answers. If anyone with the DS3L and Kalyway has experience they'd like to share, please do.