Poor Quicktime Performance

nathansvt

15 posts in this topic

I've got a problem in both 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 whereby quicktime playback appears to drop frames. However, in the quicktime window, it's showing that my framerate is fine. (on a 1080p 24fps quicktime trailer). I'm using pc_efi and an nvidia 7300.

Any suggestions?

I've noticed this as well... in both Quicktime Player and an app that relies heavily on it (FCP 2). Proress HD quicktime files dont playback on a quadcore hackintosh running 10.5.2. QE/QI is enabled on my 7300 (nvinject).

VLC seems to playback fine (at least mpeg2 HD files that choke quicktime too). Any thoughts? Mpegstream clip which uses QT to read seems to have no problem playing back.

everything else seems fine. I am totally up to date with software updates, running EFI8 on a badaxe2

this is a big problem for anyone wanting to cut HD on their systems.

-fop

• 10 months later...
I've got a problem in both 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 whereby quicktime playback appears to drop frames. However, in the quicktime window, it's showing that my framerate is fine. (on a 1080p 24fps quicktime trailer). I'm using pc_efi and an nvidia 7300.

Any suggestions?

Have you Core Image hardware and Quartz Extreme supported?

Giorgio

• 5 months later...
Same problem here, 1080p video plays only at 15-20fps in QuickTime. Playback is perfect (30fps) in VLC.

I would like to advise you to add your PC/Mac setup and OS X and QuickTime versions, so that people can compare apples with apples, and not oranges.

1080p Plays fine in my QT.

But then I've flashed my card with a Mac BIOS!

When Apple updated QT, people with 8800's were getting bad system / mouse lag. One of the fixes was to use NVflash to flash a Mac BIOS to the card (worked perfectly for me)

The other fix was to use a .component (can't remember the exact one) from older versions of QT, which also worked.