Possible to use osx86 disk on a real Mac?

niddy

13 posts in this topic

So I've bought a Macbook pro after dabbling in osx86 for a while. The Macbook came with Tiger on it but I'm trying to install Leopard using my old osx86 disks. I've got Kalyway, iAtkos and ToH, but when I put them in the disk drive and reboot holding down 'C', all I get is a blinking cursor. Does anyone a way I could get one of these disks to work on the Macbook pro?

Gracias!

PS I love my MacBook pro

Then show your appreciation and buy the retail install disk...

I agree. Even though I'm aware that my hackintosh violates the EULA, I bought a retail copy of leopard. Pirating is still stealing, even if you did buy their hardware. If you can afford a real mac, I'm betting you can afford $120 for leopard.

I agree. Even though I'm aware that my hackintosh violates the EULA, I bought a retail copy of leopard. Pirating is still stealing, even if you did buy their hardware. If you can afford a real mac, I'm betting you can afford $120 for leopard.

I bought mine as well it is the least you can do, one thing though Copyright infringement is not stealing and in a lot of countries reverse engineering for compatibility is perfectly legal most EULAs are not worth the paper their printed on they only paritialy work in the USA.

Ok thanks for the advice. I know this is going to sound bad but I have a tough time knowing that I'd have to work more than a day to buy something that I can get for free. Also, I feel like $120 means more to me than to a corporation that posted a profit of $1.6 billion last quarter.

well you already downloaded various versions of hacked leopard.. just download a retail version. You dont want a modded osx on ur real mac.

I'd have to agree with this statement based on pure logic. If you've already stolen the wrong thing, you might as well steal the right one (if you're going to steal at all). Even if you were to get a hacked install disc to work on a real mac, it's not going to make you a better person. :P

I already had the retail disc, but it would be convenient to be able to make an image of my Hackintosh and use it with a real Mac, to save the trouble of installing/configuring. Since I'm running the vanilla kernel, it doesn't seem like this would be such a dumb idea. It takes a heck of a long time to start an installation from scratch.

heck of a long time? Heck I installed leopard twice, on a hackintosh, with an ancient DVD drive (took a full 32 minutes to load up to the installer page, I clocked it) found, downloaded, and installed drivers for sound and time machine, found, downloaded, and installed the 10.5.2 patch in about 4 hours. If you are installing on a mac... figure on 45 minutes. And back your settings up on an external drive, import them when the installer asks.

And yeah $120 probably means more to me than apple, but then my car probably means more to a bum than it does to me. So he should just take it right?

Stealing is stealing, at least accept responsibility for what you do.