Intel 855 video Driver on Leopard

munkeyboy

11 posts in this topic

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

My wife has a Gateway MX6027 and I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 on it without major issues. But I still can't find a working kext for the Intel 855 (35828086) video card. Has anyone gotten the 8XX series working on Leopard? I just want to be able to play DVDs without issue and have native display.

Well, there IS a driver floating around the net. Just google your ass off for something like "OSx86 855GM drivers" and you should find something. But that is for Tiger and still is highly experimental. Good Luck!

Well, there IS a driver floating around the net. Just google your ass off for something like "OSx86 855GM drivers" and you should find something. But that is for Tiger and still is highly experimental. Good Luck!

You are right. I did find that one earlier, but it didn't seem to work or even make a difference (system profiler still shows no kext loaded).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey there, im sorry,

i am having trouble with my 855 myself, but except for a working patch in 10.4.1 there's no possibility to get it working.

you can't "upgrade" the patch to leopard and you should be a pro-coder to hack the x86 (linux) 855gm bsd to get it to work

with osx. so for now all we get is 1024x768 or 1280x1024 (forced with boot config). but no qe & ci...sadly that's all.

ps: i even heard of some people putting their money together to rent a coder for scripting a kext to get 835G/845GM/855GM/865GM working, but there was no progress, so i guess the project died =( or someone's having a perfect osx while others are talking :X

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...