After Upgrading to 10.5.2, my working video now only get a blank blue screen... Help needed.

harcker

11 posts in this topic

I'm using IBM T60p which has ATI X1650 onboard and I made it full working under Atok OS 10.5.1

I have successfully upgraded to 10.5.2, but then I found my video card QE/CI no longer working.

I do restore the ATIinject.kext and ATIRadonX1000.kext backup, then when I boot I can only get an blank light blue screen with a mouse! Nothing more will displayed.

I wonder is there any other file I might need to restore or any tips? thanks. :)

when you hook up another monitor does your display work? I have noticed on a few machines that i have done the update to that this is the case. I have no fix nor have i been able to find one but I know i am not the only person with this issue. It seems that it does not reconize the notbooks monitor. I would do that check to see if this is the issue.

I have a asus motherboard p5pl2 p-4 3.4ghz HT video card geforce 6600 everthing works fine but i get no audio can someone help me i update to 10.5.2 but still no audio

can someone help please also when i try to do bootcamp says boot rom needs to be update

also get the blank screen for a bit them comes up

did the video card update fine

the problem is simple! i hope you had a backup of you AppleIntelIntegratedframeBufer.kext! some machines wont run the stock one and need to use a hacked one such as the one from the BrazilMac postPatch. replace that kext with the one from the post patch and it will be working again. Also unless you have a guid pertition setup bootcamp wont run. search the forum and you will find some more info about this.

this happened to me on the partion that I had installed 1.5.2, then the graphics update, luckily I have a tester partition which didn't get hosed, but I re-installed the above mentioned kext, as well as all the g950 kext and plugs from my working build, but Im still only getting external monitor joy, which isnt' very laptop condusive. Any suggestions on what to try next would be appreciated.

thanks

kenny

here was my fix, had ToH 10.5.1 did a Kalyway 10.5.2 update and i got the blue screen, then i thought, then, something is happeneing cuz its not frozen, mh HD was going nuts, I plugged in an external montitor and whaa laa, there was leopard all mirrored, so after the 10.5.2 update, i ran the graphics update, and after 2 reboots, whaa laaa, now i have LCD display and extened VGA support....so mabe try that? now all i need are audio and wireless support....

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem -- blank light blue screen with mouse pointer and sound after installing All4Leo v2 10.5.2

I have Ati x1600 256mb video adapter - DVI cable with monitor

What i should do to fix this problem ?