Modular Power Supply

8 posts in this topic

i am having touble deciding on a PSU and would like some input on it. i would i like a modular design.

but i am having trouble finding a good quiet one! so if you would please suggest some! i would like it to be around 600 Watts!

thank you for your help!

I bought 2 of the Ultra modular power supplies from Tigerdirect. One was a 500 watt with green cables (I HATED it). The cables were huge and inflexible and a real PITA to put in the case. It also did not come with a plug for video cards. The second one I bought was the newer version but it was 750 watts and had everything I needed. The cables were flat and flexible and I love it. IT made for a nice install. Both were quiet though.

it is weird cause i have heard a lot of reviews saying that the ultra's are quite noisey. im pretty sure im gonna go with one of the ultras.

If you're looking for an excellent modular PSU, get this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817194003

I have this model, and even though it's rated at 500W, I can guarantee that there is nothing a 600W PSU can do that this can't. It's virtually silent, and extremely stable. Enermax makes high quality PSUs so don't be surprised if the price is a little higher than most.